Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in to check out the store on my way home on Friday and met Brian.
To me that store is a gun owner's delight. He had everything from the mundane to the big toys. Prices seemed average although I didn't price everything.
I hit it off with Brian in the short time I was there. Definitely would suggest stopping by and checkng it out if your in the neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Well all-righty then.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have mixed feelings with them some days he was nice and some days he wanted absolutely nothing to do with me and his prices were a little expensive i was looking for a mosin and he had a standard 91/30 and he wanted like 200 for it

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dustin
Maybe he just had a bad day
customers can do that to you at times.
I found him ok and it's more my kind of store rather than sports authority type

·
Registered
451 Posts
i guess your right but i get that a lot from gun shops im 21 so most of them think I am wasting there time

·
Registered
429 Posts
I went into GUNS AND AMMO in Bohemia one time ,I needed a shell holder for a rcbs press. He was rude and overpriced. I drive by his place 5 times a week, I hate to bad mouth a gun shop ,but he really put me off. I refuse to do business with people like that. I now do business with Suffolk Ammo in Yapank . That is a business man.
Another good shop is Classic Firearms in Mineola. Very knowledgable and friendly.
My gunsmith is Country Gunsmith on Ocean Ave in Bohemia just south of Vets Hwy. A very nice guy that knows how to treat customers .

·
Registered
692 Posts
Met Brian today. Seem very nice, and polite. Kept calling me sir, even though I'm clearly younger than him by years...

Picked up a 22 glock mag, and priced out night sights. His prices I thought were fine for the mag and night sights. His gun prices on the other hand, holy mother of god..
I could see why people butt heads with him, I thought prices were expensive.

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
I have had good and bad days there.Brian for some reason I cut slack.I bought my AR there spring of 2008 because he had the lowest price at the time of the ten shops I checked.I have seen him happy and pissy and find it funny.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
deadpair said:
I went into GUNS AND AMMO in Bohemia one time ,I needed a shell holder for a rcbs press. He was rude and overpriced. I drive by his place 5 times a week, I hate to bad mouth a gun shop ,but he really put me off. I refuse to do business with people like that. I now do business with Suffolk Ammo in Yapank . That is a business man.
Another good shop is Classic Firearms in Mineola. Very knowledgable and friendly.
My gunsmith is Country Gunsmith on Ocean Ave in Bohemia just south of Vets Hwy. A very nice guy that knows how to treat customers .

I remember using a gunsmith off Vets in that area about 12-15 years ago for some work on my Gold Cup, I think his name might have been Steve but I'm not sure. He did really nice work.

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Gpsma said:
Is this a re-incarnation of Burns Bros?
Nope....Burns, Brian and I all used to sell at the monthly gun show in the old window factory across from the Commack movie theatre. Burns stopped doing the show and opened the store on Vets by the LIE and Brian opened his store after Doug the show promoter gave up. I had to give up my FFL because I was in violation of zoning laws running a business out of my house. I guess the ATF doesn't consider plumbers, electricians and carpenters a small business.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I remember when Burns had their store on Merrick Road in Amityville until it had a fire. They then moved to Broadway in Amityville and then from there to Vets Highway. Last time I ran into them was in a small store they opened in Riverhead. Don't think that store lasted very long. I heard they lost their FFL due to continued violations.

Bought a lot of guns from them. They would always make a deal for regular customers. They also were pretty good with surplus ammo. Sorry to see them go.

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
cas said:
Or at all. One of the two reasons I stopped going was that he never seemed to be open, so I stopped bothering.
I got the 'Went To Lunch" sign more than once,with no time when he left or might return.The gate was open so I know he was inside probably
laughing at me :p.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have no beef with the guy, but if you own a store you need to be "about" the customers.. There shouldn't be, "catch him on a good day" To me that's total crap. If you can't deal with people, then retail is not for you.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.