Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New bill A-8149, Provides for the posting of firearm signage in certain areas:

“… IN AREAS IN WHICH THE RATE OF GUN VIOLENCE IS ABOVE THE NATIONAL AVERAGE, THE DIVISION SHALL NOTIFY THE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SERVING SUCH AREA TO POST SIGNAGE IN THE FORM PRESCRIBED BY THE DIVISION …”

I have read so much stupid legislative shit over the years, but this is right near the top.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
That the politician's answer to gun violence, post a sign. You can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: baxtersmith

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
As a kid there were certain areas deemed less safe than others. Neighborhoods where crime, violence, and graffiti proliferated were slowly abandoned by those wishing to raise their families in safer areas. I was mugged on the subways, in school, and finally my parents got the hint and moved us out of the South Bronx after it had "turned". I don't think posting a sign telling me and my peers that I was now entering the deep dark jungle would have helped any.

·
Registered
26,146 Posts
As a kid there were certain areas deemed less safe than others. Neighborhoods where crime, violence, and graffiti proliferated were slowly abandoned by those wishing to raise their families in safer areas. I was mugged on the subways, in school, and finally my parents got the hint and moved us out of the South Bronx after it had "turned". I don't think posting a sign telling me and my peers that I was now entering the deep dark jungle would have helped any.
I applaud your political incorrectness. (Not being sarcastic)

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
How is a sign going to reduce gun violence you ask?
If you place the signs strategically on your lawn, the lowlife home invading scum could trip over them and be laying there in the morning Whereupon you could call a social worker to help them.
Im sure this must be their carefully planned strategy. /-sarc

·
Registered
316 Posts
New bill A-8149, Provides for the posting of firearm signage in certain areas:

“… IN AREAS IN WHICH THE RATE OF GUN VIOLENCE IS ABOVE THE NATIONAL AVERAGE, THE DIVISION SHALL NOTIFY THE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SERVING SUCH AREA TO POST SIGNAGE IN THE FORM PRESCRIBED BY THE DIVISION …”

I have read so much stupid legislative shit over the years, but this is right near the top.
You really can’t make this stuff up. How long is this going to last? Having these signs posted will undoubtedly lower property value for the few in these areas fortunate to own a home, I’d be writing to every local, state and federal representative immediately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts