Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
There used to be one (it still could be) right down the road from you in Mineola. Go west on Old Country to the street you would turn north on to go to the hospital. When you make the right and go over the RR tracks there was a store on the left (west) side of the road. I think it was called Brimms. I live in Bellmore and go to south shore sportsman. It's just off sunrise and the meadowbrook pkwy. Good people

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
Closest place that actually has anything to look at is gonna be Coliseum Gun Traders in Uniondale.  It's on Hempstead Tpk, right across from the Nassau Coliseum.  They've got more things that go "bang" per square foot than any gunshop I've been to around here.  Especially handguns...it's like a candy store.  As another poster mentioned there are two places up on Jericho Tpk. in Mineola...T&T Tactical and Classic Firearms.  Neither has a great selection.  South Shore Sportsman and Hunter Sports Inc. (Merrick and Massapequa respectively)...both are on Sunrise Hwy about 3 miles apart.  Both are nice places with decent prices (if that can be said with a straight face anymore).  Hunter Sports has better ammo prices than most...at least for .223 and .45 ACP.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Sab said:
There used to be one (it still could be) right down the road from you in Mineola. Go west on Old Country to the street you would turn north on to go to the hospital. When you make the right and go over the RR tracks there was a store on the left (west) side of the road. I think it was called Brimms. I live in Bellmore and go to south shore sportsman. It's just off sunrise and the meadowbrook pkwy. Good people
I think you are referring to Michael Britt SAB. It is still (or was as of a few weeks ago) open.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's it... Britt. Sorry. I also always forget about coliseum. I shouldn't...my oldest took his hunter safety course there. I really have only found a few places where azzes had stores. Like I said in an earlier post now I use either Hunter, or south shore.

·
Banned
673 Posts
I always liked www.classicfirearmsny.com in Mineola.  They donate to the local FD/VAC.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
ViperJon said:
I really want to check out the Coliseum Gun Traders shop. Wonder if they have Sunday hours?
Coliseum has a great selection. Just don't bother with ammo, they'll rob you blind. Best ammo prices I've seen are at Hunter Sports in Massapequa on Sunrise Hwy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
if you are in Carle Place and looking to pick up targets or ammo you can go to Dicks at Roosevelt Field mall.  As far as actual firearms purchase I try whenever possible to buy from Hank at T&T gunnery in Seaford.  Great guy and if they don't have it in stock he can order for you.  

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
bulldog said:
if you are in Carle Place and looking to pick up targets or ammo you can go to Dicks at Roosevelt Field mall. As far as actual firearms purchase I try whenever possible to buy from Hank at T&T gunnery in Seaford. Great guy and if they don't have it in stock he can order for you.
Is Dicks actually inside Roosevelt Field mall?

I know Hank from T&T.... he let me check out their AR15 inventory....too bad I cannot legally own one as a NYC resident.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yes Dicks is in the mall.  Best bet if purchasing is to park on the 2nd floor of the parking garage as the hunting section is immediately to your right from the second floor parking garage entrance.  Biggest issue I have when buying multiple boxes of sporting clays is trying to find a shopping cart to fit all the boxes.  At only $7 a box who can complain though.  

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
I can just see it now, bulldog with a shoppong cart filled with ammo whistling in the mall!

·
Registered
9,630 Posts
I been going to T&T Tactical on Jericho Turnpike in New Hyde Park, been dealing with Stanley. Not a huge selection, but always has educated me before I bought. A bit intimidating when you walk in but, willing and informative, letting you handle anything you like.

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
I use South Shore Sportsman in Merrick, not only do they have discounts for LIF members (not on guns/ammo), but he has the lowest FFL transfer of all the shops, a clean & well lit place, friendly staff, and honest pricing. They also host / participate in a fair amount of local events and support alot of the local gun community gatherings - dont get me wrong I have not been to all the shops (suffolk county) but this is where I felt most comfortable - and I dont work for them either lol I say it how I see it.

I also had a good experience at Hunter, have not shopped there much but met with the staff there, had a nice time and would go there again.

G

·
Hunters Essentials IncAddress:‎
900 Willis Ave
Albertson, NY 11507-1940

Ask for BRUCE, He did amazing for me mult times, Great guy, SMALL Shop but this guy is awsome!!!
Tell him William Sent ya, if he ask which William tell him .410 William He would know...

·
Registered
795 Posts
+1 for hunter essentials.  Guy is down the block from me and is a one man operation so less overhead = better prices.  Another +1 for Stan at T&T Tactical.  That place can be very rough around the edges but once you get comfortable with Stan he is very knowledgeable and has given me excellent deals a few times.  

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.