Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time since I was in here last, but I have a question, and I pegged this to be a good place to start. I saw BJ's had a great deal on a Stack-On 40 gun safe. The only problem is I waited too long for the online inventory to deplete and they don't ship from the store. Does anyone here have a suggestion for a reliable safe mover/installer that doesn't require I buy from them?

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,871 Posts
Also a safe co in Wantagh/Seaford on Merrick Rd, and one on Deer Park Ave in Deer Park, N of LIRR and S of Nicolls on East side. -OR- get a bunch of friends, a dolly, and a pickup truck. I moved all of my safes in my truck, solo. If you want to do it the wussy way, take the door off, lightens it up quite a bit

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Check out any Home Depot parking lot around 6:30am or 7am...Isn't this why we let all the illegals into America?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
When I watched the riggers move my 1000lb safe I had to laugh. These guys do this all the time. Know all the techniques to make it easy. Moved it across 30 feet of concrete floor in 30 seconds. Using nothing more than a couple of sections of pipe. Tip. Insert pipes. Roll. Pick up rear pipe. Move to front. Repeat. Whole job took less than 10 minutes from the truck to final spot.

Smart construction guys amaze me. This guy moves 20 ton blocks of concrete by himself !

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,871 Posts
Or watch your left nut roll across the floor --
Bullshit, I did it myself, and mine are still just fine. Ditto on the pipes, it's just a matter of understanding physics. Don't do it when you're tired, if you break concentration they can get away from you. A big empty safe falling over on a concrete driveway makes a LOT of noise when it hits the ground....ask me how I know

Reactions: Ricekila

·
Banned
1,906 Posts
Bullshit, I did it myself, and mine are still just fine. Ditto on the pipes, it's just a matter of understanding physics. Don't do it when you're tired, if you break concentration they can get away from you. A big empty safe falling over on a concrete driveway makes a LOT of noise when it hits the ground....ask me how I know
But you're nut-less anyway -- LOL

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,871 Posts
Reactions: Ricekila
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.