Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Dave, I get you. Going upstate is like going to another country. Sure it's still NY, but you hardly know it, and it's certainly not the NY we know down here in NYC and on L.I. Two different worlds.

The only thing missing from that photo is the Mini-14 on the ATV gun rack.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave, I get you. Going upstate is like going to another country. Sure it's still NY, but you hardly know it, and it's certainly not the NY we know down here in NYC and on L.I. Two different worlds.

The only thing missing from that photo is the Mini-14 on the ATV gun rack.
Your certainly right about that. I was in a lumber yard at 7:30 this morning and as I was leaving a gentleman walked out and said hello! With a big smile. You hardly ever see that on the island. And the best part is that I just came in from putting a few hundred rounds through my 10/22. Nobody even thinks twice about it. (Ok maybe they say " oh those long islanders are back up"
)

·
Registered
201 Posts
When my head is about to explode down here in Long Island, I head up to the Catskills (Delaware County). Sure, it's in New York... but the ability to get away to the country and fresh air and interact with relatively sane people cancels out the fact that I live in a liberal sink hole of a state run by an idiot governor.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When my head is about to explode down here in Long Island, I head up to the Catskills (Delaware County). Sure, it's in New York... but the ability to get away to the country and fresh air and interact with relatively sane people cancels out the fact that I live in a liberal sink hole of a state run by an idiot governor.
True! Where in Deleware County are you located?

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,914 Posts
So true on all three accounts. I know it's not real "free" America, but it's as close as I am gonna get for a looong time. For the most part, it is like being nothing that we are use to here in down state NY. I cannot possibly count in one single trip upstate, how many times that I am greeted by people who don't know me. The help at Lowes by me see you coming out with a large cart full of stuff, and they are running for the tie-down twine like white on rice! I was in Deposit for 17+ yrs, then just north of Windsor for about 5yrs, and now I am up in Otsego County/Central NY. I am waaaay over due for a trip back up, but family issues has me firmly grounded to the island until September. Gotta get my trail cams out in the woods pronto. Usually my first stop on my trip up along 17 to route 8, is the Quickway at that exit in Deposit, and when I step out of the truck, and take that first full breath of clean fresh upstate air, it's like a light switch being flicked, and I enter a completely different state of mind. From there, it's nothing but farm land and winding road on route 8 to my place in Plainfield. I can't friggin wait until the next trip!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.