Long Island Shooters Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
are we back to not being able to carry everywhere again?
Pretty much. As he just said about full carry making it a little bit illegal. Better still, a little less illegal.

You can carry in your home, at a range, a church, or any other private property that is not a sensitive place where you know or would reasonably known, verbally or with a "conspicuous signage," that firearms are allowed there.

Got that? ;)

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,977 Posts
While I would certainly not advocate testing the legal waters on this issue I can tell you that a very reliable source in the hierarchy of the SCPD and a friend (this persons name is printed on PBA cards) has told me that "catching" legal licensed handgun owners could not possibly be lower on the SCPD's list of offenses unless you are doing something incredibly stupid like brandishing or a gun falling out on line at Dunkin Donuts.

Having carried myself to and from the range and stops inbetween for 30+ years countless times I have never ever even once had any interaction whatsoever with the police. I'd put getting hit by a meteor at about the same odds. Concealed means concealed. In NY you are not obligated to tell a cop you are carrying if you get stopped, and if you do get stopped for something you're already doing something stupid. JMO tho.
and yet, 20 years ago a guy was coming home FROM THE RANGE, carrying his licensed handgun with his LICENSE in his wallet when he was in a severe accident on the SSP. He was unconscious, and woke up handcuffed to the bed. Took quite a while to get it squared away when it never should have happened

Reactions: Lou G

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
and yet, 20 years ago a guy was coming home FROM THE RANGE, carrying his licensed handgun with his LICENSE in his wallet when he was in a severe accident on the SSP. He was unconscious, and woke up handcuffed to the bed. Took quite a while to get it squared away when it never should have happened
These type of incidents have happened, the agency might not have direct access to information and contact the Pistol License office by official department letter advising them of the licensee being involved in an incident. We had a few incidents over the years. The paperwork involved is definitely not worth it to jam up a person who was allegedly carrying out of restrictions. Some of these incidents were necessary.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Congrats on the carry. I'm right behind ya. Just dropped off my 18 hour certification on 11/23 hopefully January or Feb is when I should get the call. Seems to me we are always waiting for the country. Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Krh1326

Can you please highlight your timeline? Thank you.
Had Sportsman.
Submitted that amendment + $5 end of July .. 25th I think. Took class , finished , at range 10/8 , and received cert. Called SCPD PLB 10/11 and found out that they aren’t taking the amendments, in order of submission, but by completion of 18 hr course. Dropped off my cert at PLB, 10/12. Got called 11/22 ( I think ) by investigator, to set up appointment for “interview” and new carry on 11/28 ( today ).
They give you a sheet of paper to fill out. Name address etc. They DID require the names , dob, and phone numbers of people that live in my household. I wasn’t prepared for that…. The birthdays ( I’m bad with that ) had me struggling, until she got impatient and asked if it was the same, on my original Sportsman app. I said yes, she said skip it… just the names.
They asked for social media, and they ONLY mean FacistBook, Tweeter and something else I don’t think I ever heard of… no user name or pass words. I was writing down forums… LIF, cast boolits, Ford Truck Enthusiants , Harley Davidson, Nor’East, LI Fisherman and she got impatient again again, and says she doesn’t care … sign it , and took it, lmao

41 - 48 of 48 Posts