Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hopefully all will be going through quickly from now on.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
hopefully the price and availability of training classes come down. Because 400-800 is ridiculous

Reactions: DozerD9

·
Registered
81 Posts
hopefully the price and availability of training classes come down. Because 400-800 is ridiculous
One of the local places here in Nassau Co. (can't remember which one) just dropped their price from (IIRC) $550 down to $400. I'm O.K. with paying a FAIR amount, the course looks interesting and I'm fine with learning the right way to do things. Now the pee test and the Social Media crap, that I'm NOT O.K. with. I'm travelling down South until February, when I get back I'll start the process, hopefully things will change for the better by then.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If the state mandates the course they should pay or give it at no cost! Do we pay to take a class on how to vote or any other constitutional right. Next they will want your 1st born. It took 100 years to get where we are in nys, what’s another year Or 2 wait. Thank god our founding fathers etc; didn’t succumb to the Powers in charge At the time! To each their own. JMHO

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
More information please

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the call for an interview, and then having to submit social media acct's?
i go in they take my old license and give me my new one that says carry i dont think there doing the social media anymore since the court struck it down she didnt say anything about that. but i do know someone personally who did gondown before the rulling all scpd wanted to know if he used social media thats all no user names no password. Suffolk seemed to be reasonable. Nassau on the other hand is ridiculous. I feel bad for anyone who wants to go through that.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Congrats I have my NRA pistol course next weekend. Really looking forward to it. I got my initial permit after nearly
A two year wait in August
If you're going to drop a couple of hundred bucks on training, you might just want to take the 18 hour concealed carry course. It will cover the NRA basic pistol matrial and more.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i go in they take my old license and give me my new one that says carry i dont think there doing the social media anymore since the court struck it down she didnt say anything about that. but i do know someone personally who did gondown before the rulling all scpd wanted to know if he used social media thats all no user names no password. Suffolk seemed to be reasonable. Nassau on the other hand is ridiculous. I feel bad for anyone who wants to go through that.
they don’t need your info. The investigative software we sold them already has access to your social media

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well Scpd finally called me picking up my ccw next week lets gooo
Congrats… I guess . With the recent stay of law against carrying in certain “sensitive” places I suppose the CC permit is better than the old CC to and from the range. But if you dare test the mostly unconstitutional law, I bet a dollar you will have bought a big headache and huge legal fees until this all gets ironed out. Can’t believe a newbie patrol cop in Nassau or Suffolk gives a wit about what a Fed Dist Court Judge decreed in Northern NY. The cops will do what they are told by their precinct commanders, constitutional or not.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Congrats… I guess . With the recent stay of law against carrying in certain “sensitive” places I suppose the CC permit is better than the old CC to and from the range. But if you dare test the mostly unconstitutional law, I bet a dollar you will have bought a big headache and huge legal fees until this all gets ironed out. Can’t believe a newbie patrol cop in Nassau or Suffolk gives a wit about what a Fed Dist Court Judge decreed in Northern NY. The cops will do what they are told by their precinct commanders, constitutional or not.
I'll take the bet.

The chances of any officer having an opportunity to determine if you are armed without you telling them is nearly zero.

If in the event they do, especially outside the jurisdiction of the licensing officer (say a Nassau person in Suffolk), enforcing this state law for the typical beat cop (especially a newbie) doesn't even have this on his radar screen, same with other officers outside their PLB.

No one wants to get their asses sued.

Your case against THEM would be the big headache and legal fees, unless it was on a contingency basis.

The smaller headache and smaller legal fees would be you taking the PLB to Supreme Court for an Article 78 proceeding to get them to restore your license, citing Bruen and Atonyuk.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
While I would certainly not advocate testing the legal waters on this issue I can tell you that a very reliable source in the hierarchy of the SCPD and a friend (this persons name is printed on PBA cards) has told me that "catching" legal licensed handgun owners could not possibly be lower on the SCPD's list of offenses unless you are doing something incredibly stupid like brandishing or a gun falling out on line at Dunkin Donuts.

Having carried myself to and from the range and stops inbetween for 30+ years countless times I have never ever even once had any interaction whatsoever with the police. I'd put getting hit by a meteor at about the same odds. Concealed means concealed. In NY you are not obligated to tell a cop you are carrying if you get stopped, and if you do get stopped for something you're already doing something stupid. JMO tho.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i am not worried in the slightest bit

1 - 20 of 53 Posts