Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
III%
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rut is full on here on the island , he came in on a doe grunting so loud i thought maybe
there was a guy in a tree 30yrds away.
Shot him at 12 yrds. quartering away and he just walked off still following the doe. Found him 50 yrds down the trail ,
Bilateral pneumothorax :)
Not the biggest buck out there but hes 23"s wide and from the looks of his teeth hes over 6 yrs old.

·
III%
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The rut is full on here on the island , he came in on a doe grunting so loud i thought maybe
there was a guy in a tree 30yrds away.
Shot him at 12 yrds. quartering away and he just walked off still following the doe. Found him 50 yrds down the trail ,
Bilateral pneumothorax :)
Not the biggest buck out there but hes 23"s wide and from the looks of his teeth hes over 6 yrs old.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice rack

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice rack

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Very Cool. Congrats and enjoy the harvest...

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Very Cool. Congrats and enjoy the harvest...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Im not a hunter but I heard some guys at Hunter Sports yesterday talking about how the full moon can make for good hunting. Looks like they were right haha. Congrats

·
Registered
418 Posts
Im not a hunter but I heard some guys at Hunter Sports yesterday talking about how the full moon can make for good hunting. Looks like they were right haha. Congrats

·
III%
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys! I've been playing guide to my 14 yr old son and putting him in all my best spots but it just hasn't happened for him yet. He's seen a ton of deer but nothing big enough yet. Im teaching him to observe, watch and learn and enjoy his time out there, The way I was taught to bowhunt. I think at this point he may take a doe if the situation is right. But the bottom line is, no sleeping in for me until he connects. Ughhh!!
I love being in the woods but with duck season right around the corner I need to stock up on some pillow time.

·
III%
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys! I've been playing guide to my 14 yr old son and putting him in all my best spots but it just hasn't happened for him yet. He's seen a ton of deer but nothing big enough yet. Im teaching him to observe, watch and learn and enjoy his time out there, The way I was taught to bowhunt. I think at this point he may take a doe if the situation is right. But the bottom line is, no sleeping in for me until he connects. Ughhh!!
I love being in the woods but with duck season right around the corner I need to stock up on some pillow time.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts