Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Is anyone here involved in rucking? I am contemplating getting into this right after the baby is born and old enough to be taken out in a stroller. It is very pro USA and seems like a lot of fun. The equipment looks amazing. All made in the USA and green beret/seal approved.

Would like to get a group going at some point. Love that you are required to have a flag proudly displayed along with your troop!

Check it out!!

www.goruck.com

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just curious to see if anyone has a rucking group happening in Suffolk. Thinking about getting one going at some point.

http://www.goruck.com/

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Rucking, otherwise known as backpacking? I'm very much into loading up a whole bunch of crap into a big backpack and heading into the mountains for a few days. That's probably where I'll be for thanksgiving if the weather holds out ok.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rucking, otherwise known as backpacking? I'm very much into loading up a whole bunch of crap into a big backpack and heading into the mountains for a few days. That's probably where I'll be for thanksgiving if the weather holds out ok.
I wish I could say I was doing the same. This whole thing seems to fall in line with Cross-fit. I am sure one could use bricks and what not for weight in the pack. I like the whole thing they have going on and supporting an American made movement/company. I may ask for one of these rucksacks for Christmas. Probably won't happen but worth a shot!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been into this for about five years. There has not been much activity on Long Island, however there have been a few in NYC. I try to coordinate the GORUCK events with my business trips.

Their gear is definitely top notch. I have destroyed many other brands during training. You definitely get what you pay for. GORUCK being one of the few that have been able to hold up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts