Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I think the early season on Long island starts sometime in October. Check out the DEC website for the actual dates and limits. Actually, the DEC being a government agency, their "tentative schedule" lists the 2014/2015 dates once again proving that no one can do inefficiency like a government bureaucracy. But here's the link to DEC info regarding goose hunting. There's 3 sectors in Long island btw.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/28496.html

I've only hunted out East with a guide in farmland near water.
I'd love to find some place close by where I could go but I think during the season it's equipment & labor intensive. Goose calls, decoys, blinds etc.

I think Papa bear is the member to ask once again regarding hunting on LI

Very interested in what's available myself.

·
Banned
6,368 Posts
I am interested too. It is very hard to get a spot anywhere for any bird hunting. Most of the huntable private land is taken up, and most of the public spots have been claimed by someone for many years.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
it seems like I just lost my spot after 11 years the grand son got involved about 6 years ago then his dad grand son went off the the navy and then his dad deiced he was hunting his farther in-laws land seems i am out of a spot now should never have tough the grand son to hunt

·
Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
Try Mobray Ave. in Bay Shore! Had to sell my house because of all the geese fertilizing my lawn and driveway. Couldn't sit out in the back yard because they were nesting in the seagrass and would attack you. Main reason I sold was I had too much dock space and was trying to fill it all up.

·
III%
2,777 Posts
Cant help you with a place but I have 33,000 views on this one

Eta.. I replaced with a better version...nice slo-mo at the end

·
III%
2,777 Posts
If anyone goes goose hunting I would like some wing feathers for arrow fletching.
Sheesh! When I sold my house, the buyers wanted to know why there were feathers everywhere.. lol
I should have enough for a lifetime in a week .. early seasons starts on the 1st. pm your address and I'll throw a bunch in the mail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.