Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

Steve at LI Weldco (one of our sponsors) did a weld job for my high standard. :)

With a scope attached, I couldn't rack the slide back as there was no room for my hands. :K)

He welded a piece to the slide, and I tested everything with dummy ammo and it worked ok. I hope to get to the range soon with it. :)

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Great!

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stevenorlando said:
Hello All!

Steve at LI Weldco (one of our sponsors) did a weld job for my high standard. :)

With a scope attached, I couldn't rack the slide back as there was no room for my hands. :K)

He welded a piece to the slide, and I tested everything with dummy ammo and it worked ok. I hope to get to the range soon with it. :)
Well, I got a chance to test the gun out at the range today! Worked perfectly! The purpose of the weld job was to make it easier for me to rack the slide back with the hammer uncocked. Very difficult for me to do with my hands with a red-dot site on the gun.

I tried it out, and true to form, some of my Remington ammo misfired, so I had to kick it out of the chamber (no primer, poor QC) by racking the slide back. The welded handle-like attachment worked well.

I'm goint go try and post again, this time with pics.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stevenorlando said:
Well, I got a chance to test the gun out at the range today! Worked perfectly! The purpose of the weld job was to make it easier for me to rack the slide back with the hammer uncocked. Very difficult for me to do with my hands with a red-dot site on the gun.

I tried it out, and true to form, some of my Remington ammo misfired, so I had to kick it out of the chamber (no primer, poor QC) by racking the slide back. The welded handle-like attachment worked well.

I'm goint go try and post again, this time with pics.
Here are the pics:

http://www.sorlando.com/shootpage/hstdpage.html (scroll down to see the pics)

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
Thats awesome.  Good Job

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.