Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kansas passed an initiative to clarify the state's constitution with regards to firearm rights. I'm not 100% sure what this means for the day to day rights of citizens, but I assume it's good.

www.ktka.com/news/2010/nov/02/kan-makes-gun-rights-change-its-constitution/

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kansas passed an initiative to clarify the state's constitution with regards to firearm rights. I'm not 100% sure what this means for the day to day rights of citizens, but I assume it's good.

www.ktka.com/news/2010/nov/02/kan-makes-gun-rights-change-its-constitution/

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just heard that on FOX

It has to be good great for the citizens of that state.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just heard that on FOX

It has to be good great for the citizens of that state.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
i saw this last night online. it looks like they already had good gun rights, but this makes it a little better..
here are the changes

NEW " A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, for lawful hunting and recreational use, and for any other lawful purpose.[5] "

OLD "The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security; but standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, and shall not be tolerated, and the military shall be in strict subordination to the civil power. "

What i found MORE interesting with this state is that they voted to ALLOW people with MENTAL ILLNESS to vote claiming hey 25% of Kansas is mentally ill ! ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
i saw this last night online. it looks like they already had good gun rights, but this makes it a little better..
here are the changes

NEW " A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, for lawful hunting and recreational use, and for any other lawful purpose.[5] "

OLD "The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security; but standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, and shall not be tolerated, and the military shall be in strict subordination to the civil power. "

What i found MORE interesting with this state is that they voted to ALLOW people with MENTAL ILLNESS to vote claiming hey 25% of Kansas is mentally ill ! ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts