Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am going to Las Vegas in a few days and think I want to apply for a non-res ccw permit while I am out there. Has anyone here ever applied?

From what i read I just have to appear in person to apply. i'll bring my current 4 ccw permits and my NRA basic pistol certificate and hope it can get issued without any problems.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone,

I am going to Las Vegas in a few days and think I want to apply for a non-res ccw permit while I am out there. Has anyone here ever applied?

From what i read I just have to appear in person to apply. i'll bring my current 4 ccw permits and my NRA basic pistol certificate and hope it can get issued without any problems.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
I believe you need to qualify for a Nevada CCW with each gun you intend to carry.

Also- have fun flying out of a NY airport to vegas without already having a Nevada permit. I don't think the PAPD officers will realize that you can actually own handguns in other states without a permit (BLASPHEMY!)

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
I believe you need to qualify for a Nevada CCW with each gun you intend to carry.

Also- have fun flying out of a NY airport to vegas without already having a Nevada permit. I don't think the PAPD officers will realize that you can actually own handguns in other states without a permit (BLASPHEMY!)

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
peteinsuffolk said:
Just get FL, it's good for NV and a bunch of other states.
Florida no longer has reciprocity with Nevada. I have Utah also and neither are good there. Arizona accepts Utah training and has reciprocity with Nevada.

Nevada dropped reciprocity agreements with both Florida and Utah as of July 1 2009, because they issue without live fire requirements. Or so I read!

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
peteinsuffolk said:
Just get FL, it's good for NV and a bunch of other states.
Florida no longer has reciprocity with Nevada. I have Utah also and neither are good there. Arizona accepts Utah training and has reciprocity with Nevada.

Nevada dropped reciprocity agreements with both Florida and Utah as of July 1 2009, because they issue without live fire requirements. Or so I read!

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
FULL METAL JACKET said:

I remember reading that all over when applying for my FL license, but I did not realize that that was the justification.

Doesn't Florida technically require live fire as a part of their's too? Or "demonstrates safe handling of a firearm" or some bullshit like that.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
FULL METAL JACKET said:

I remember reading that all over when applying for my FL license, but I did not realize that that was the justification.

Doesn't Florida technically require live fire as a part of their's too? Or "demonstrates safe handling of a firearm" or some bullshit like that.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I applied for the AZ permit for this very reason. Only one that gives you NV.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
TheMongoose said:
My Ohio has reciprocity with NV but sadly we don't offer non-res licenses.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
TheMongoose said:
My Ohio has reciprocity with NV but sadly we don't offer non-res licenses.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts