Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be staying in NJ for 6 months, I am wondering if It would be legal to bring my long guns with me and shoot on private property or a shooting range. I have a 10-22, Keltec sub2000, and a NY legal pistol grip 870.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll be staying in NJ for 6 months, I am wondering if It would be legal to bring my long guns with me and shoot on private property or a shooting range. I have a 10-22, Keltec sub2000, and a NY legal pistol grip 870.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
I'm very confused about Jersey as well. There's a chance I might move there in the near future but have heard some bad things about their gun laws (there was a thread about driving through Jersey and how notorious they are for busting people and not adhering to their own laws - which is why I drive to my place in Upstate NY the long way).
Don't you need to have a permit for all long guns before purchasing. Would I need to get one before moving there?

Can anyone please shed a little light on this?

Anyone from LI drive through NJ with firearms or moved from there?

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
I'm very confused about Jersey as well. There's a chance I might move there in the near future but have heard some bad things about their gun laws (there was a thread about driving through Jersey and how notorious they are for busting people and not adhering to their own laws - which is why I drive to my place in Upstate NY the long way).
Don't you need to have a permit for all long guns before purchasing. Would I need to get one before moving there?

Can anyone please shed a little light on this?

Anyone from LI drive through NJ with firearms or moved from there?

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
Sam Sal said:
I take the long way also. I'm from the tristate area where abouts in upper NY are you?
By Margeretville, some 20 minutes South of Delhi. Family's got a house with 20 acres on a mountain side up there. Great hunting and no one cares that I use it for my private "range" :) I hear the Jersey way is quicker but I always take the Tapanzee and up the turnpike.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
Sam Sal said:
I take the long way also. I'm from the tristate area where abouts in upper NY are you?
By Margeretville, some 20 minutes South of Delhi. Family's got a house with 20 acres on a mountain side up there. Great hunting and no one cares that I use it for my private "range" :) I hear the Jersey way is quicker but I always take the Tapanzee and up the turnpike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh me too. I like to hear more of upper NY is as "pennsylvanian" as by me :) Long island really is a different state hehe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeh me too. I like to hear more of upper NY is as "pennsylvanian" as by me :) Long island really is a different state hehe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts