Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
Anyone that thinks the prior cases that have been dismissed on technicalities are the end of the road are sorely mistaken and underestimate what the Bruen decision accomplished. These short term setbacks are not the end of the line regarding concealed carry in NYS. I said this before but I'll say it again, when we start seeing otherwise law abiding citizens arrested based on one of these unconstitutional provisions of this law is when the stuff really hits the fan. The state will be up to its ears in lawsuits AND paying claims for civil rights violations. I'm not telling anyone to volunteer for the role but you're not going to have 48 states complying with Bruen and NY and CA getting away with gross civil rights violations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are you sure it's in front of Suddaby? I thought it landed with an Obama appointee.
Suddaby stepped down as chief and was succeeded by an Obammy appointee. Not sure how they work who will preside over this new complaint. I know that if it is normally the Judge who presided over the original complaint then somehow he will recuse himself, be ill, be re-assigned, retire etc... This is how corruption works. supported syllogistic expression. all banana republics are notoriously corrupt, New York is a banana republic, so New York is corrupt.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Are you sure it's in front of Suddaby? I thought it landed with an Obama appointee.
The new NYSRPA lawsuit that was filed after the GOA lawsuit was dismissed is in front of Obama appointee Judge D'Agostino. The GOA case being discussed in this thread, is different. Very good news if its in front of Suddaby!

If you read the court filing, GOA makes some really good points. One of the Plaintiffs, Pastor Joseph Mann, conducts Bible study out of his home. GOA makes it a point, that banning firearms where people gather to exercise their First Amendment rights, would prohibit Mr. Mann from possessing firearms on the premises while he is conducting Bible studies with Congregants. Great point. He made it clear that he intends on continuing to possess a firearm on church property, in contravention to the CCIA banning firearms in houses of worship. Apparently he lives in a residence on Church property, and his Right to possess firearms is are being infringed by this new Law.

You read that blanket prohibition, and it would seem that it would be illegal for a gun range to have firearms on the property, while a group meets there to discuss political issues such as the CCIA. It shows you how rushed and poorly written this Law is.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,022 Posts
PacerMonitor Link
The latest update I see is "Initial Conference set for 12/20/2022 10:00 AM in Albany before Magistrate Judge Christian F. Hummel". Can someone show me the request for the TRO?
On page one of the complaint it states:

"COMPLAINT FOR DECLARATORY AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF." Injunctive relief means a restarining order.

Gary

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,022 Posts
I've just finished reading the new GOA-funded suit. It's better written, than NYSRPA v Bruen #2 but it has the same failing. It does not speak to the subject of the semi-auto rifle license.

A copy of the conference notice is attached.

Why Judge Suddaby didn't get it is surprising, as this is a direct relationship to the one he previously handled.
Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I've just finished reading the new GOA-funded suit. It's better written, than NYSRPA v Bruen #2 but it has the same failing. It does not speak to the subject of the semi-auto rifle license.

A copy of the conference notice is attached.

Why Judge Suddaby didn't get it is surprising, as this is a direct relationship to the one he previously handled.
Gary
It's been more than a few years since I interned at the Federal courts on the island, but I recall the magistrates were the "lower" judges and used to free up other judges times. I could be remembering it wrong, but that may explain what it's not with Subbady right now. Perhaps it's a procedural movement that hasn't happened, kind of like judicial constipation.

·
Registered
275 Posts
if you were a judge on these cases.....tell me how much money you guys would take to turn the cheek?
2 mill? 5 mil? 200 mil? 1 bil? the root of all evil... or at least 90% of it. Humans have flaws....do we not?
do we not all have our price?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Do you guys remember the, 1993 Long Island Rail Road Shooting? Remember that nut job Colin Ferguson, I am wondering if GOA should reach out to those victims as possible plaintiffs as an example of the dangers imposed by sensitive zones.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts