Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all, I saw this 6.5 single-action 6-shot wheel gun and it made me think of my childhood aspirations of being a cowboy. Well that was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. LOL. In any event, for the $206 price tax and the ability to shoot 22lr and 22wmr I ordered one from SS Sportsman. I had never been there before and was almost knocked down by the fact that, although super busy, someone actually took the time to say "hi" and "be with you in a minute". Wow! maybe there is hope for the Human Race after all. Was this a "fluke"? I'm used to Hunter Sports and being neglected. LOL. They didn't have a Heritage 6 shot, adjustable sight 6.5 " in stock so I ordered one with Cocobolo grips. Nice looking and hopefully good for pinking. Does anyone have one? I don't usually buy cheap but this is not for sd.
Tx
Stephen

·
Registered
12,046 Posts
Hi y'all, I saw this 6.5 single-action 6-shot wheel gun and it made me think of my childhood aspirations of being a cowboy. Well that was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. LOL. In any event, for the $206 price tax and the ability to shoot 22lr and 22wmr I ordered one from SS Sportsman. I had never been there before and was almost knocked down by the fact that, although super busy, someone actually took the time to say "hi" and "be with you in a minute". Wow! maybe there is hope for the Human Race after all. Was this a "fluke"? I'm used to Hunter Sports and being neglected. LOL. They didn't have a Heritage 6 shot, adjustable sight 6.5 " in stock so I ordered one with Cocobolo grips. Nice looking and hopefully good for pinking. Does anyone have one? I don't usually buy cheap but this is not for sd.
Tx
Stephen
I always recommend South Shore Sportsman. Mike the owner understands good customer service and has a good crew. I bought a Ruger Single Action stainless with a 7.5 inch barrel with the extra .22 magnum cylinder. I bought a beautiful Triple K cowboy holster. It’s a fun and accurate revolver. You can’t go wrong with a Heritage for the money. I owned a 3 inch birds head model.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Your post made me smile. Like you, I loved toy cowboy guns when I was a little kid, and hoped to someday become a cowboy. Now I'm shooting semiauto handguns, but got my first and only revolver a couple of years ago, a Ruger Wrangler .22LR, which as I understand it, is very similar to the Heritage. It's single action only, and the cylinder does not open, so one needs to push each spent case out individually before loading. Despite all that, it's a lot of fun to shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts