Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put together my new Lone Wolf slide to go with my Glock 19. My receiver is Gen 3 and the old slide is Gen 2 so I put together a Gen 3 type slide with a KKM barrel that I picked up last year. The sights and slide parts are all OEM Glock. The hardest part was drifting the rear sight into place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
umm...I didn't see it but maybe you used it....did the new slide come with a plastic sleeve you insert in to the slide before the firing pin and springs assembly go in. I think its called a spacer sleeve. Its meant to protect your firing assembly from making contact with the metal of the slide and its the reason you dont oil the firing pin.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's in the 3rd picture down. The sleeve is black and goes around the firing pin and spring.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
Looks nice.

Reactions: Dfisch

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I think it's in the 3rd picture down. The sleeve is black and goes around the firing pin and spring.
Nope, thats not what I'm talking about...Glocks have a round tube like sleeve that goes in the channel of the slide...look inside your Gen 3 oem slide with a flashlight..
in most cases you can pull it out using a .40 cleaning brush...but i would just order another one to replace it.

Found it...its called a Channel liner....here's the link on Lonewolfs site http://www.lonewolfd...ts.aspx?CAT=185

And i'm pretty sure its one standard part for the whole Glock line.

I only noticed it becuase your replaement slide showed bear metal.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Looks good!
I just double checked mine; the channel liner comes pre-installed from Lone Wolf. If it wasn't, when installing the firing pin, there would be a lot of play from the front as inserting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good!
I just double checked mine; the channel liner comes pre-installed from Lone Wolf. If it wasn't, when installing the firing pin, there would be a lot of play from the front as inserting.
Mine didn't have it pre-installed but it was part of the slide kit. Yours looks great too.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Thanks; I had them do some custom engraving on mine, maybe they did the install while doing the work. I'm not done with mine yet, I would like to add a SS magwell and have the nose of the frame contoured to match the slide.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks; I had them do some custom engraving on mine, maybe they did the install while doing the work. I'm not done with mine yet, I would like to add a SS magwell and have the nose of the frame contoured to match the slide.
Please post pictures when you are done and thanks for the ideas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts