Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Avoiding the ban hammer!
17,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girlfriend dragged me along to go to a few garage sales today. Come up the driveway of one and seea few rifles. All of them old and rusted. One marlin 80g, one looked like arisaka but the bolt was frozen and another bolt witha broken sick. Asked how much for the marlin and they said $5.00. Bought it just as a toy to tinker with. Brought it home sanded the hell out of it, gave hera fresh paint job, oiled her and dida function test... All is working. Need to find some magazines for her now. Hopefully she functions, but fit $5.00, it'll bea nice wall hanger. Have to sand the stock and restain it still.

·
Sharp Shooter!
412 Posts
i go to garage sales every weekend all over the island. no rifles to date...good work

·
Still working on a screen name
6,642 Posts
Damn, Awesome find for 5 bucks. Congrats.
Might be time to start scoping out some yard sales....

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
I find guitars every so often...........fix 'em up, and give it to orphanges

·
Lousy Shot
16,249 Posts
All I ever see at garage sales is foot massagers and exercise equipment. People just love to make their purchasing mistakes into somebody else's mistakes.

·
Avoiding the ban hammer!
17,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope it fires. ;). Just picked up some stain so I'm going to sand it down and do it tonight. I'll posy pics after. The sale was off the lie. Trying to rememberthe street name. It was between half hollow hills and carls straight path. Ill ask the worry when I get hinge

·
Banned
6,853 Posts
heartlessmcfly said:
Ill ask the worry when I get hinge
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What?

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
Marlin 80 is a very accurate rifle, fort $5 it is a great find. Magazines are available, I might even have one here NIB

·
Avoiding the ban hammer!
17,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jake said:

What?
Lol... Hate auto spell. It was Beaumont Dr right of the lie. Think it was like number 59. There isa white sign on the telephone pole at the corner if their street

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.