Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Took my daughter to renew her membership with the Juniors Club last Sunday - WOW! Great to see so many parents signing their kids up, the place was packed!!

Figured I'd post some proud Papa pics of my daughter having fun with her Henry Muddy Girl. 4 hours shooting steel and she still wanted to stay longer.

The pigtails make me crack up LOL!

Heres a video of her shooting steel. Good times...

PS: +1 to RO Matt for the "steel loaner"....

·
Giraffe Hunter
3,768 Posts
To do the junior club do you have to make it to the first one or can it be done any time through the year? I wanted to take my son down to check it out but last Sunday didnt work well for me. Did you see any young kids there? They say 5 year old is the starting age which is where my boy is at.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To do the junior club do you have to make it to the first one or can it be done any time through the year? I wanted to take my son down to check it out but last Sunday didnt work well for me. Did you see any young kids there? They say 5 year old is the starting age which is where my boy is at.
Junior Club follows the school calendar year, September through June, so I believe you can sign up any Sunday. Saw kids of all ages there, no problem:

http://www.freeportjuniorclub.org/bdy-membership.htm

·
Banned
0 Posts
To do the junior club do you have to make it to the first one or can it be done any time through the year? I wanted to take my son down to check it out but last Sunday didn't work well for me. Did you see any young kids there? They say 5 year old is the starting age which is where my boy is at.
I also signed up my 2 boys (ages 14 and 11) this past Sunday. Like Joey said, the place was packed with kids which was a great thing. After speaking with Allan about what size rifle I should buy my younger son I let it slip that I have a 6 year old daughter. He then "yells" at me, "As long as she is well behaved bring her down and let her shoot". I'm still going to wait to next year, but my point is, you can bring young kids like Joey said and you can also sign them up this coming Sunday. Hope to see you there!!!

·
Giraffe Hunter
3,768 Posts
I also signed up my 2 boys (ages 14 and 11) this past Sunday. Like Joey said, the place was packed with kids which was a great thing. After speaking with Allan about what size rifle I should buy my younger son I let it slip that I have a 6 year old daughter. He then "yells" at me, "As long as she is well behaved bring her down and let her shoot". I'm still going to wait to next year, but my point is, you can bring young kids like Joey said and you can also sign them up this coming Sunday. Hope to see you there!!!
Very good...Ill see you there.

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
Took my daughter to renew her membership with the Juniors Club last Sunday - WOW! Great to see so many parents signing their kids up, the place was packed!!

Figured I'd post some proud Papa pics of my daughter having fun with her Henry Muddy Girl. 4 hours shooting steel and she still wanted to stay longer.

The pigtails make me crack up LOL!

Heres a video of her shooting steel. Good times...

PS: +1 to RO Matt for the "steel loaner"....
she's a regular Pipi Longstocking Urban Prepper...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts