Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
Criminals will continue to carry illegal firearms. What we are expecting is New York will pass laws restricting the carry of concealed firearms in public and private settings.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The fact that the writer considers current laws reasonable for legal ownership is laughable
And is why it made it to the SCOTUS. The state had that "so what? sue us!" attitude because the mama bear judges here gave them plenty leeway. Papa bear's home and mama couldn't sugar coat the state's behavior over the past 100+ years and he's coming up the stairs with his constitution belt in hand and now the state is cowering in the corner. The state had ample time to correct their error and show contrition for their acts...and the state (NYC in particular) knows damn well what they've done. They've even advertised it in this snot rag and the other one that call themselves the daily news 'rich and famous get to carry guns but you can't...NaNa NaNa NaaaaNaaaa'.

I pray the court leaves raw, blistery welts all over the state that never heal.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Lamont

I agree with you 100% NYS put itself in this position.

I also wish the press and politicians would stop equating a SCOTUS pro 2A decision with the end of the world. Why does no one recognize that 42 States are shall issue and 25 are Constitutional Carry and States like CT will even issue a non resident CCW to NY residents. The world has not come to an end in any of these jurisdictions. No one is having factual conversations about lawful gun ownership.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The playbook on the left is pretty clear. We're seeing it with the current abortion case. They'll pretend that a decision will be the end of the world hoping to stir up pink hat-wearing mobs. They'll harass and destroy cities and hope to push the justices away from opinions they don't like. The current POTUS is a feckless windbag that all but supported the doxxing of conservative justices. We can only hope that this lights a fire under the justices and they see Roberts for the liberal he is and they go scorched earth on the Bruen case. Crushing the illegal restrictions here in NY.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Lamont

I agree with you 100% NYS put itself in this position.

I also wish the press and politicians would stop equating a SCOTUS pro 2A decision with the end of the world. Why does no one recognize that 42 States are shall issue and 25 are Constitutional Carry and States like CT will even issue a non resident CCW to NY residents. The world has not come to an end in any of these jurisdictions. No one is having factual conversations about lawful gun ownership.
Another thing I'm hoping this would do, is eradicate the need to have a handgun license to rent a handgun at ranges...especially the handful we have in the city.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts