Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have begun doing the shop hopping as I call it where I am going to all the stores I read about here. Well, Friday I had off and went looking. I started with a list of places to go and a planned route. Below are my experiences.

First, I went my Camp-Site. They had a good selection and the prices seemed to be the average around here. I was asked only once by somebody if I needed amy assistance. I said no and continued shopping. The air was a friendly place and I knew they would drop what they were doing, the guy was just BSing with a friend, and come to help me if asked. The guy at the gun area was busy trying to manage 3 other customers. I didn't bother him but saw what I wanted to look at and left.

Then, it was over to Coliseum Traders. I went in and was a little put off by the cramped arrangement. I walked into the main area where the pistols are at. I was looking for a Walther PPS 9mm and a Glock 19. After my experience, I doubt I will ever visit this place again. I spoke, very briefly, with a young guy who had something going on with his eyes. Not trying to be mean, just the most prominent feature to describe him. I asked him if he had the guns I was looking for. He said he did and went to where they were at. When he asked to see ID, I told him I did not have my permit yet and he closed and locked that case faster than I had ever seen and he lost all interest in speaking to me. He couldn't get away from me fast enough. He wouldn't even answer one of my questions before he walked away. I tried to ask him about a Moss 500 but an older guy handed one over to me and let me look it over. I was in there less than 10 minutes.

The, to T & T Tactical. They were a little pricey and the selection seemed rather limited. Nobody asked me if I needed anything and I didn't bother.

The good part of the day was the visit I made to Hunter Essentials. This guy had the deck stacked against him. He had my other bad experiences of the day and the high expectations of him I had from these boards. He still impressed me extremely. I walked in, he asked my name and introduced himself to me with a firm handshake. He and I spoke for sometime about the guns I was looking for and his prices were pretty good. Glock 19 was $515 with standard sites and 575 with night sights. Better than Camp-Site and Coliseum. Then, we talked about the Moss 500 and he showed me several. He had them for $335. He asked what I was going to use it for and I told him HD. He asked if I had a wife and told me about the reduced recoil rounds for her. I never knew they existed. He showed me what the different pellets looked like and the slugs and the different effects that they would provide. We talked about archery as well and he told me about a private range he goes to and some of the technology he has and how he can get me whatever I want for archery as well. He was even able to find a price for the magazine for my Savage rifle nobody seems to be able to get for me and his price was far more reasonable. I was very pleased with our conversation. I think I spent more time with him than I did with the other places combined.

Bottom line, Bruce wins my money. I will be buying a couple of Moss 500's from him as well as at least a few Glocks from him. With that 30-45 minutes, he earned himself a customer for the rest of the time I live in this state.

Many of you had spoken very high of him. The words did not do him justice. He is the best store, to date, I have found on Long Island.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Bruce is good people. A bit hard to find, but once you do, you're hooked. His prices are great. His selection is also great ... for a way-too-small, cramped store.

If anyone is looking to build an AR style rifle, or a 5 1/4 lb. .300 WSM hunting rifle, Bruce is the man!

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
3,076 Posts
Where is Hunter Essentials located?  I really like Camp Site but am willing to try others on personal recommendations, especially when lower prices are involved.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Starman said:
Where is Hunter Essentials located? I really like Camp Site but am willing to try others on personal recommendations, especially when lower prices are involved.
Williston Park / Albertson area. 900 Willis Ave. South of the Northern State. North of Hillside Ave. The building is on the east side of the Ave. The entrance is on the side of the parking lot.

Call first. He sometimes keeps bankers hours. (Kids, karate, etc ...) 1.516.741.5243.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.