Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Freeport R&R new member question

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  joey52685 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This should be an easy one but I just wanted to be sure. I signed up for the new member class last month before I had my pistol license. At the time I said I would bring a rifle. Is it ok if I bring my pistol now? Should I call ahead?

I am aware of the requirement for new members to carry pistols in a locked container unloaded.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Bring whatever you are legally allowed to shoot. They just ask you to pre-register for the class so they have an idea on how many are attending. They don't (from what I know) keep a list of WHICH pre-registered people are bringing WHAT gun.

Basically after you listen to the rules/regulations/etc... you'll go in as a group (about 5 or so at a time) and show the RO that you can fire your firearm safely and handle it safely. You don't shoot at any targets you just shoot a few rounds downrage, reload, shoot a few more.

It's about being able to safely handle your firearm is all for the live fire portion.

Until you are a new member do not bring a loaded firearm into the range, so yes please keep it locked up per local law requirements. Although you may be legally allowed to carry TO the range via your pistol permit, since you are not a MEMBER of the range yet you should not be carrying a loaded firearm on your person while at the range.

Once you are a member of course it's different.

It's really easy to join, really nice and friendly people down there. I wish I would have joined years ago then recently but i'm only a few months in and it's nice.

It's never busy, rarely anybody there, you never have to wait, and outside is great. Theres never more then say 1 or 2 at most I've seen on the outside line and everybody gets along very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.