Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I suppose I can see the argument that you can't argue against possible harms. Where would that line of thought end? What I don't get, is how they claim these NYS officials are not the appropriate targets and must be granted immunity. Last I checked, it was these offices that would bring charges against any person accused of violating a law in the state of NY.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose I can see the argument that you can't argue against possible harms. Where would that line of thought end? What I don't get, is how they claim these NYS officials are not the appropriate targets and must be granted immunity. Last I checked, it was these offices that would bring charges against any person accused of violating a law in the state of NY.
They legitimately claim no target, as these people did not bring any action against the plaintiffs, which would have provided standing and legal target. No charges against the plaintiffs, no grounds for suing James or others.
Gary

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The FPC case while a victory in Maryland. The FPC only addresses the Proper Cause portion in NYSRPA v. Bruen. Would NYSRPA drop the lawsuit if the sensitive locations are scaled back to the way it was prior to the CCIA?

·
Aim High
809 Posts
Lose again. This seems to be a habit. Couldn't the FPC in the NY case see this coming? It seems these Attorneys that are being used here in NY could be clueless. The State must be laughing and patting themselves on the backs. We lose the big one in NY & we lose the next one. There's a reason why we can't catch a break. We better find the reason fast. We're circling the drain.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Lose again. This seems to be a habit. Couldn't the FPC in the NY case see this coming? It seems these Attorneys that are being used here in NY could be clueless. The State must be laughing and patting themselves on the backs. We lose the big one in NY & we lose the next one. There's a reason why we can't catch a break. We better find the reason fast. We're circling the drain.
It will take years, we will hear of other small 2A victories. New York and California have the money to fight these 2A cases.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
This lack of standing issue is troubling. Do you actually have to get arrested to be able to claim standing?

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This lack of standing issue is troubling. Do you actually have to get arrested to be able to claim standing?
You have to:
1) get arrested, then be subject to prosecution or
2) state that you intend to violate the CCIA,
to obtain standing. The new GOA suit has plaintiffs, each of whom has clearly and repeatedly stated that they intend to violate the CCIA.

Why GOA allowed Mr. Antonyuk back into this suit is anyone guess.
Gary

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You have to:
1) get arrested, then be subject to prosecution or
2) state that you intend to violate the CCIA,
to obtain standing. The new GOA suit has plaintiffs, each of whom has clearly and repeatedly stated that they intend to violate the CCIA.

Why GOA allowed Mr. Antonyuk back into this suit is anyone guess.
Gary
I didn't know there was a new GOA case. What is the case reference?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts