Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three affidavit testimonies of character for a pistol license application but I don't know any more people that I'd feel conmofratable asking about this. A lot of people get weird when discussing this subject.

Is there any type of LIFA meetup where hunters and others can meet up to help out with this kind of thing in the long run?

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
I have three affidavit testimonies of character for a pistol license application but I don't know any more people that I'd feel conmofratable asking about this. A lot of people get weird when discussing this subject.
Is there any type of LIFA meetup where hunters and others can meet up to help out with this kind of thing in the long run?
Thanks for any comments.
An application for a character reference is a minimum of knowing the applicant a year. The East End towns and village are under the Suffolk Sheriff's office, an investigator will come over to the physical address used on the application for a follow up. It helps using references without a criminal record.
A neighbor who moved upstate New York joined a gun range and waited the one year requirement for establishing his residency. He was successful in obtaining his pistol license from members at the range.
Best of Luck.

·
Registered
26,124 Posts

Thanks for any comments.
No one can make statements regarding your character unless they actually know your character.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You just need to ask, worst case scenario is they say no. A lot people changed their perception of guns due to the recent events, so you never know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Make sure you pick a personal reference that's going to flee NYS prior to your application being reviewed. A friend experienced this when he updated his Suffolk sportsman permit to a carry permit. Delays and more delays.

Best of luck and hope it happens within 1 year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts