Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday, we saw a new move at Suffolk to return to days of olde where as you needed a purchase document listing the dealers name. Yesterday, I picked up just that.

As of this morning, you now need to present a paid bill of sale from the FFL to request a purchase document. Today when I returned for inspection, I saw 2 individuals get turned away.

I'm told that this move was forced because folks still don't understand the new NYUNSAFE laws.

In other news, SCPD is attempting to figure out a way to get a document for a gun show purchase.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
So just so I understand cause I'll be new at this....

I go to campsite to buy pistol. I like it. Purchase it.
Now I go to lps to get document.
Then I go back to campsite to pick up gun
Then I go to plb to register it....?

Gas will cost more than the gun....sigh
If that is how it is in Suffolk then Nassau is different. You buy the gun, go to PLB and get the gun put on your license, then you go and pick up your gun from LGS still sucks but not as bad.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

How much gas does your Big Wheel really use ??

·
Banned
0 Posts

So we have to purchase the gun, but leave it at the store and pick up the document and go back to the store? How do you trust the store with a gun you already paid for and then leave it with them for a couple of hours?

·
Master Baiter
1,470 Posts
So we have to purchase the gun, but leave it at the store and pick up the document and go back to the store? How do you trust the store with a gun you already paid for and then leave it with them for a couple of hours?
I think one of us has to call.
I'll try in the am.

I fear that we might have lost something in translation.
I feel it might be closer to what the Nassau option is..
Buy gun, go to PLB, get document and Pistol added to license..then go back and pick up...although...that leaves a lot for error...like what is the store giving to you with serial on it?

I will attempt to call.

I really don't have a problem leaving a pistol at shop while I get licensing figured out...not much you can do about it...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.