Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a FL permit but am i still allowed to fly back into JFK with some ammo if i have an NYC permit ? Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't have a FL permit but am i still allowed to fly back into JFK with some ammo if i have an NYC permit ? Thanks

·
just working to improve,one round at a time
1,680 Posts
Ditto...... check with your airline.... they all have dif. rules.

But , why risk Mayor Mikes Rath?

·
just working to improve,one round at a time
1,680 Posts
Ditto...... check with your airline.... they all have dif. rules.

But , why risk Mayor Mikes Rath?

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
How much ammo are we talking about here?

Check with the airline you'll be flying with. I've traveled many times with a gun and ammo. Most airlines specify the ammo to be in it's factory box. When I fly with ammo, I use the smallest factory box available for the caliber I'm flying with. Usually a 20 round box.

If the ammo you have is more than 20 rounds, I would suggest shipping it if it's cost productive. If not, leave it home and buy ammo when you get to NY.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
How much ammo are we talking about here?

Check with the airline you'll be flying with. I've traveled many times with a gun and ammo. Most airlines specify the ammo to be in it's factory box. When I fly with ammo, I use the smallest factory box available for the caliber I'm flying with. Usually a 20 round box.

If the ammo you have is more than 20 rounds, I would suggest shipping it if it's cost productive. If not, leave it home and buy ammo when you get to NY.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
The ammo is not worth the hassle of going through security!

·
Banned
2,404 Posts

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
SydneyH said:
There's really no security to go through... Florida is more liberal with guns and when you get to new York you just grab your bags and go. Airlines have specific guidelines on how much ammo can be carried. Think I saw around 10 lbs is pretty standard. Must go in checked baggage. Don't know if you need to alert them upon check in if you don't have a weapon. Can check with tsa and airline for specifics. That being said, yea ship it!

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
SydneyH said:
There's really no security to go through... Florida is more liberal with guns and when you get to new York you just grab your bags and go. Airlines have specific guidelines on how much ammo can be carried. Think I saw around 10 lbs is pretty standard. Must go in checked baggage. Don't know if you need to alert them upon check in if you don't have a weapon. Can check with tsa and airline for specifics. That being said, yea ship it!

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
Keep in mind that if you ship it, USPS does not ship ammo, and FedEx will only do it if you have an account with them. UPS is about your only choice.

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
Keep in mind that if you ship it, USPS does not ship ammo, and FedEx will only do it if you have an account with them. UPS is about your only choice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts