Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Just be aware that Florida shares its CCW database with other states police. So if you travel up and down the i95 corridor you may be pulled over solely on the basis of having the permit.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Just be aware that Florida shares its CCW database with other states police. So if you travel up and down the i95 corridor you may be pulled over solely on the basis of having the permit.
Now you tell me? The FL CCW process is so easy you would think your were in another country - fill out simple form and take a short class - no referrals needed - no interviewing neighbors - not even informing your spouse.

Reactions: LGraham1979

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Now you tell me? The FL CCW process is so easy you would think your were in another country - fill out simple form and take a short class - no referrals needed - no interviewing neighbors - not even informing your spouse.
Trust me I am not trolling you. Just informing folks. So that they are mentaly aware of what can happen in other states. Here is an article about the stops....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/30/gun-owners-fear-maryland-cops-target-them-for-traf/?page=all

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Your Florida ccw license gives you reciprocity for most of the state's between here and fla... Find the 2 or 3 that aren't covered and know their laws regarding transportation.

Then...

Don't speed through them.

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,587 Posts
Congrats!

Frikkenfloriduh is a little weird about the CWL ( note that it's a Concealed Weapons Liscense, not Concealed Carry permit. that means that in Florida, you can carry a wide range of otherwise prohibtied weaponry, like switchblades, Brass Knuckles, etc., ( though that does NOT apply in states with reciprocity).

I also found it a bit weird that it's issued by the Dept of Agriculture.

Reactions: li02liberty

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Trust me I am not trolling you. Just informing folks. So that they are mentaly aware of what can happen in other states. Here is an article about the stops....

http://www.washingto...-traf/?page=all
I did not doubt you - big brother is everywhere. It just seems like he is more interested in monitoring legitimate citizens rather than illegal aliens.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am aware of the incident in Maryland. If transiting MD (or any other state), I would be sure to obey the federal law that permits the transportation of legal guns from one place to another, even if the state being transited does not recognize the legality of the gun. Keep it in a locked container in the trunk with ammo in a separate locked container.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I am aware of the incident in Maryland. If transiting MD (or any other state), I would be sure to obey the federal law that permits the transportation of legal guns from one place to another, even if the state being transited does not recognize the legality of the gun. Keep it in a locked container in the trunk with ammo in a separate locked container.
I'll be driving down to Virginia Beach in a couple of weeks, going to a Chris Costa class and I've been worried about getting pulled over in MD for that very reason since I have a FL non-res permit. However, in reading the link about that incident I note that it appears to be more related to the FL license plate since the article talks about the license scanners. I'm guessing that with NY plates It should be ok. Now I just have to remember to not speed in VA.

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
I'll be driving down to Virginia Beach in a couple of weeks, going to a Chris Costa class and I've been worried about getting pulled over in MD for that very reason since I have a FL non-res permit. However, in reading the link about that incident I note that it appears to be more related to the FL license plate since the article talks about the license scanners. I'm guessing that with NY plates It should be ok. Now I just have to remember to not speed in VA.
Lockbox unloaded & ammo separate and carry a copy of FOPA!

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
The big mistake that the guy made in the Maryland case was NOT having his handgun with him (In a locked box, in the trunk of course). If he had it, the cop would have seen it was secure and legal. The problem was the wife's responses led to question if the gun was hidden somewhere in the car.
Lesson learned, always travel with your firearm!!!

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.