Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

LEVITTOWN - A Long Beach man is accused of selling dozens of weapons at the Tri-County Flea Market in Levittown.

Police say Glenn Sable, 67, runs "G-S Cutlery" at the flea market.

Sable was arrested yesterday after police say he sold a switchblade and Kung Fu stars to undercover officers.

In addition, police say Sable had a loaded hand-gun.

Investigators say they also recovered five swords, 39 metal knuckles, six electronic stun guns and 65 gravity knives and other assorted weapons.

Sable will face a judge today.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/man-accused-of-selling-illegal-weapons-at-tri-county-flea-market-1.11257686#autoplay=true

Wow...What a relief knowing I won't be the victim of another ninja star attack! Bang up job on the list of LEGAL swords, switch blades (in conjunction with a hunting license), and 65 knives wrongly classified as gravity knives snooze 12. Probably all Chinese flea market junk anyway. I hate this liberal sink hole. That is all

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a model citizen, worth defending.

If you're interested in firearms and weapons, it would be a good idea to have a loose understanding of the laws.....

S 265.01 Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth
degree when:
(1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic
stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal
knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles,
metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type
slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"; or......

·
Banned
0 Posts

If you're interested in firearms and weapons, it would be a good idea to have a loose understanding of the laws.....

degree when:
What means this "criminal possession" Kemosabe?
Am I wrong in figuring there may be some of us who own WW1 knuckle dusters?

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,015 Posts

degree when:
Oh, my the "law". You can buy a 12" chef's knife off the shelf at KMart, but a stupid non lethal throwing star deserves the full force of NCPD and District Attorneys time and resources. No wonder Crips, Bloods and MS 13 have all the time in the world to do their dirty work; our tax dollars just saved the citizenry from the threat of a shirken. Next week: convene a grand jury to prosecute a wrist rocket seller. SMH.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts

degree when:
It would help if the idiot legislators had a "loose understanding" of what they are even legislating against.

"shirken" and "Kung Fu star" go right up there on my list with "muzzle break"- since there is no such thing, let the guy go. I you want to make dumb-Butt laws, learn to spell the name of the crap you are trying to outlaw. They have a bunch of guys with JD degrees to help out and they still can't get it right.

For anybody here that isn't familiar with this item, they are called "shuriken", which doesn't even have the the same number of syllables as "shirken", and I doubt anybody outside of the NYS legal system ever referred to them being named after a 1970's TV show. They have ZERO to do with "Kung Fu" or even any Chinese martial art.I don't think they were even used in China (could be mistaken on that). If your 8YO kid knows they are called throwing stars, ninja stars, or shuriken, whty can't a bunch of guys with Ivy League degrees get it right? Beats me!

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
I'm all choked up about this. I bought one of his Quai Chang masturbation nooses

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Shurkien were used by ninja's, not by kung fu masters. So there really is no such thing as a "kung fu" star. Also, what the hell is a chuka stick? Are they referring to, Nunchuku? As a professional martial artist, I find how they can't even name stuff right insulting. It's as bad as calling a barrel shroud a shoulder thingy that goes up. ALSO, if you've ever played with Shuriken, you would know it takes hundreds of throws just to get them to stick in something, and several thousand practice throws to be able to throw them accurately, and hundreds of thousands of throws to throw them accurately under stress. They're only illegal because some guy in a movie did something ridiculously unrealistic with it.

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts

degree when:
Dan, I rarely disagree with you but this is a bunch of nonsense. It may be the law but you know what else is the law?
It is state law that pistol licenses have to be awarded within 6 months of application and Nassau County Police purposefully break that law and have for years. The Police Commissioner admitted it once. He should have been arrested!

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Dan, I rarely disagree with you but this is a bunch of nonsense. It may be the law but you know what else is the law?
It is state law that pistol licenses have to be awarded within 6 months of application and Nassau County Police purposefully break that law and have for years. The Police Commissioner admitted it once. He should have been arrested!
Do you want the police to decide what laws to enforce? Do you even know how this investigation started? Did you ever consider that maybe there's more to the story?
Somehow you two made the leap that I believe that all laws are fair and just. I don't.

My intention was to simply say (again) that if you're going to be involved in guns/knives, etc., especially selling them at a flea market, you really should know the laws.

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts
Point well taken ... Brother Dan were just venting . It just pisses us off when Blacklivesmatter can disrupt business , clogg streets vandalize and that's ok but a little Chinese star .... Come on ! He was the coolest booth in the place .....lol. Lol lol
This. Venting is what it is.
The Kung Fu star dope is just that a dope.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,015 Posts
Do you want the police to decide what laws to enforce? Do you even know how this investigation started? Did you ever consider that maybe there's more to the story?
Somehow you two made the leap that I believe that all laws are fair and just. I don't.
My intention was to simply say (again) that if you're going to be involved in guns/knives, etc., especially selling them at a flea market, you really should know the laws.
Sure, everybody should know every line of every penal law for the chance they are stepping over the line of some inconceivably stupid statute.

Got your point. My point is the police ought to be detailed in a more useful fashion than hunting for sharp toys at flea markets. The cop that made the bust isn't the issue (though if you read the papers, cops on the Island do at times decide which laws to enforce if it involves other cops), its a leadership that would promote taking a cop off the street to process a stupid crime like slingshot sales or dealing in pointy things. Catch a drunk driver, follow some middle eastern illegal immigrants around, take a post at a housing project, whatever, is a more useful application of limited police resources in the opinion of this taxpayer.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts

Point well taken ... Brother Dan were just venting . It just pisses us off when Blacklivesmatter can disrupt business , clogg streets vandalize and that's ok but a little Chinese star .... Come on ! He was the coolest booth in the place .....lol. Lol lol

1 - 20 of 57 Posts