Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a flash kill on your optics?  I am looking into trying one out for my Trijicon reflex, and I am not sure if it makes any huge difference on optics with no magnification.  I currently use a polarizing filter which works nicely on both my Reflex's.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
Don't care for them. It's like looking through a honeycomb. Makes the view a bit darker than I like.  

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats what I thought

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Have an Aimpoint Comp ML3 with the killflash on it, I love it. You barely notice it at all when looking through and focusing on the target, not nearly enough to make a difference. As for looking at the front of the optic; it goes from a giant red reflector to matte honeycomb and clear glass. The killflash is more for anyone/anything looking at YOU so they don't see reflection, rather than for you to look at them. If you're planning on a trip to Mitchell Field in the near future, you're welcome to take a look through it on my AR.

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
For range purposes, which is where my rifle's purpose ends, it useless. I had one on a Trijicon reflex, Aimpoint M2 and M4. Took them all off. Also had one that came on a SWFA Super Sniper. Took it off too. On all but the sunniest days it darkens the sight picture up too much. If you're shooting later in the day or into the darkened area it dims out the target too much for me. It's strictly a keep-from-being-seen-device.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Unless your afraid of your target seeing and shooting back dont bother with them. Get yourself a good beach umbrella and use that instead. I've been using one for a couple of years and its better than any flash kill you will ever use. Plus it keeps you and your ammo from overheating.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
You mean they are not to block the muzzle flash from reaching your retina at night like I thought? They are just to keep the lens of your own optic from glinting in the sun? Wow, i guess I had that one wrong....

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, tested the kill flash out on my trijicon reflex for the past month or so.  Took it off and put the stock light adjuster back on works much better.  

·
Banned
5,029 Posts
HAVE A FEW DIFFERENT UNITS , HAVE ONE ON THE M1A WITH A 4-14 30 MM TUBE --YOU NEVER KNOW ITS THERE  

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Idk gene It works when real bright out side but not a big fan maybe if I had magnification.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts