Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In late January I printed the app for the Fla ccw and had the print cards mailed to me. Cards came in 5 days. Went to the 7th to get finger printed. No problems there and cost $20. Went to CVS got pics taken and mailed app with all paper work on 1/31/12. Fla cashed my check on 2/9/12. Permit issued 2/20/12 and I received it in my mail box yesturday 2/27/12. So just a little less then a month from the time I mailed it out. Not bad at all and its a HARD PLASTIC card too. Not some arts and crafts permit from NCPD. Really don't see how this pc of paper will last for years. Get your act together NY.

·
Sharp Shooter!
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In late January I printed the app for the Fla ccw and had the print cards mailed to me. Cards came in 5 days. Went to the 7th to get finger printed. No problems there and cost $20. Went to CVS got pics taken and mailed app with all paper work on 1/31/12. Fla cashed my check on 2/9/12. Permit issued 2/20/12 and I received it in my mail box yesturday 2/27/12. So just a little less then a month from the time I mailed it out. Not bad at all and its a HARD PLASTIC card too. Not some arts and crafts permit from NCPD. Really don't see how this pc of paper will last for years. Get your act together NY.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Aplied for mine in West palm in person and when I got home from Florida it was in my mailbox .... Nassau is just crazy !!! 4 months and my wife can't even get fingerprinted let alone the six month wait after that. This system is seriously flawed, they know all about it and could care less ... Even with all the revenue it generates. This is why the county is not even qualified to run a candy store !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Aplied for mine in West palm in person and when I got home from Florida it was in my mailbox .... Nassau is just crazy !!! 4 months and my wife can't even get fingerprinted let alone the six month wait after that. This system is seriously flawed, they know all about it and could care less ... Even with all the revenue it generates. This is why the county is not even qualified to run a candy store !!!!!!

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
Was it exactly 20.00 to get printed? I wanna get mine done, I have heard you need to bring exact change.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
Was it exactly 20.00 to get printed? I wanna get mine done, I have heard you need to bring exact change.

·
OathKeeper/NRA Life Member/Instructor/Appleseed Sh
1,690 Posts
I believe it needs to be a check too, they don't take cash.

CH

·
OathKeeper/NRA Life Member/Instructor/Appleseed Sh
1,690 Posts
I believe it needs to be a check too, they don't take cash.

CH

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
CJ said:
At the 7th precinct in Nassau where I had mine done, it's $20/card and yes exact change.
Was painless and the lady who does them is friendly. You must fill out the cards first and bring you drivers license.
Cash was no problem!

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
CJ said:
At the 7th precinct in Nassau where I had mine done, it's $20/card and yes exact change.
Was painless and the lady who does them is friendly. You must fill out the cards first and bring you drivers license.
Cash was no problem!

·
Sharp Shooter!
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup exact change. I used cash with no problem. I called to make sure there was some one there to do the prints. Went down and it was in and out. No questions asked.

·
Sharp Shooter!
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup exact change. I used cash with no problem. I called to make sure there was some one there to do the prints. Went down and it was in and out. No questions asked.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Goto the staties over by Republic airport. They fingerprint once or twice a week during the evening, and they do it for free. :)

I mean, technically its supposed to be for "childcare background checks" but neither the desk attendant, nor the officers printing me said anything one way or another. I actually told the officer it was for an out of state license and he was just like "cool".

YMMV, /shrug/, but that was my experience.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Goto the staties over by Republic airport. They fingerprint once or twice a week during the evening, and they do it for free. :)

I mean, technically its supposed to be for "childcare background checks" but neither the desk attendant, nor the officers printing me said anything one way or another. I actually told the officer it was for an out of state license and he was just like "cool".

YMMV, /shrug/, but that was my experience.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
BigH said:
...This system is seriously flawed, they know all about it and could care less
The system is working perfectly as it was designed and entirely what at least 50.1% of the electorate wants.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
BigH said:
...This system is seriously flawed, they know all about it and could care less
The system is working perfectly as it was designed and entirely what at least 50.1% of the electorate wants.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
LedMizer said:
Not!

Our system, the one envisioned by the Founders, wasn't designed to bow to the wants of 50.1%

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
LedMizer said:
Not!

Our system, the one envisioned by the Founders, wasn't designed to bow to the wants of 50.1%

1 - 20 of 54 Posts