Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum,   What is the diffrence between fl ccw and fl non res ccw? does the card say "non resident". I tried google images but only saw florida resident.Also what address goes on the permit? My new york address or can i out a florida address on there. " I am a native.... but left". what about my job? where do i tell them I work.? Technically as a non resident Im not allowed to purchase a handgun in florida  "even privately". The sherrifs dept in fl said there was no problem having a conceled wepon with a non res ccw!!!!! :-/                            Thank you

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Forum,   What is the diffrence between fl ccw and fl non res ccw? does the card say "non resident". I tried google images but only saw florida resident.Also what address goes on the permit? My new york address or can i out a florida address on there. " I am a native.... but left". what about my job? where do i tell them I work.? Technically as a non resident Im not allowed to purchase a handgun in florida  "even privately". The sherrifs dept in fl said there was no problem having a conceled wepon with a non res ccw!!!!! :-/                            Thank you

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
There is no difference between the two licenses. They look identical except for whehter it's a FL or non-FL address. Regardless, you can have a concealed weapon on yuor person with it.

In addition, if you have a FL address (ie you own a house or condo there), you can use that one on your FL license. If you apply for a FL non-driver ID card from their DMV, you can then purchase handguns in Florida.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
There is no difference between the two licenses. They look identical except for whehter it's a FL or non-FL address. Regardless, you can have a concealed weapon on yuor person with it.

In addition, if you have a FL address (ie you own a house or condo there), you can use that one on your FL license. If you apply for a FL non-driver ID card from their DMV, you can then purchase handguns in Florida.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
there is NO address on the license.  Nor is there a res or non-res conditon on the license.   Not much information at all.   I spoke to 2 gun shops.  You would need to own some real estate, or show a lease agreement in order to purchase a firearm.... so they say.   I really didn't inquire too deeply.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
there is NO address on the license.  Nor is there a res or non-res conditon on the license.   Not much information at all.   I spoke to 2 gun shops.  You would need to own some real estate, or show a lease agreement in order to purchase a firearm.... so they say.   I really didn't inquire too deeply.

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
My resident permit (issued 02/17/12) has no address on it

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
My resident permit (issued 02/17/12) has no address on it

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
Mine doesn't say 'Resident' any where that I can see, and the only address on it is the Dept of Ag. on the back.

does yours look like this?

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
Mine doesn't say 'Resident' any where that I can see, and the only address on it is the Dept of Ag. on the back.

does yours look like this?

·
Registered
544 Posts
If your primary address is in NY, and you have a NY drivers license/pistol license, even though you own property in florida, you are not a resident, and using this advice will get you in a world of trouble!

"In addition, if you have a FL address (ie you own a house or condo there), you can use that one on your FL license. If you apply for a FL non-driver ID card from their DMV, you can then purchase handguns in Florida."

You cannot use a FL non-driver ID card to buy a handgun in Florida! You may try to buy from a private seller at a show, and if he is stupid enough to sell it to you with a FL non-driver ID card, your breaking the law.

You won't be able to bring it back to NY, because it's not on your NYS pistol license, if you have one.

The only way you can buy a handgun in Florida and make it legal, is to pay for it and have the seller bring it to a FFL dealer, and ship it to a FFL dealer in NY!

If you don't have a NYS pistol license, and don't already own a pistol in NY(primary address), even if you do get your Non-reident Florida license, your not going to be able to carry any handgun in florida short of moving and becoming a full time resident!

·
Registered
544 Posts
If your primary address is in NY, and you have a NY drivers license/pistol license, even though you own property in florida, you are not a resident, and using this advice will get you in a world of trouble!

"In addition, if you have a FL address (ie you own a house or condo there), you can use that one on your FL license. If you apply for a FL non-driver ID card from their DMV, you can then purchase handguns in Florida."

You cannot use a FL non-driver ID card to buy a handgun in Florida! You may try to buy from a private seller at a show, and if he is stupid enough to sell it to you with a FL non-driver ID card, your breaking the law.

You won't be able to bring it back to NY, because it's not on your NYS pistol license, if you have one.

The only way you can buy a handgun in Florida and make it legal, is to pay for it and have the seller bring it to a FFL dealer, and ship it to a FFL dealer in NY!

If you don't have a NYS pistol license, and don't already own a pistol in NY(primary address), even if you do get your Non-reident Florida license, your not going to be able to carry any handgun in florida short of moving and becoming a full time resident!

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
SingleAction said:

I have purchased both long guns and pistols in Florida from Gunshops using a FL non-drivers ID.

Can you cite something that says it is illegal?

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
SingleAction said:

I have purchased both long guns and pistols in Florida from Gunshops using a FL non-drivers ID.

Can you cite something that says it is illegal?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

This is me :(. I was hoping to be free to carry conceled in the winter down there.What is the purpose of the non resident ccw? Only for People with nys pistol licences?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

This is me :(. I was hoping to be free to carry conceled in the winter down there.What is the purpose of the non resident ccw? Only for People with nys pistol licences?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts