Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chief of Naval Operations wants to allow women to try for the teams. I know that there must be some perplexed sailors. The NAVY continues to be FUBAR!!!

http://m.military.com/daily-news/2015/08/19/navy-poised-to-open-seal-teams-to-women-report.html?ESRC=navy.nl

The chief of naval operations has said that the Navy is poised to let women become members of the elite SEAL teams if they meet the same non-gender-specific established training and entry standards, according to a news report.

"Why shouldn't anybody who can meet these [standards] be accepted? And the answer is, there is no reason," Adm. Jon Greenert said Tuesday in an exclusive interview with Navy Times and its sister publication Defense News.

"So we're on a track to say, 'Hey look, anybody who can meet the gender non-specific standards, then you can become a SEAL.' "

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
The work of a SEAL is already plenty difficult, dangerous and expensive. Let's play more BS PC games and get some extra people killed. Crushing morale is a distant second to people being hurt or killed unnecessarily but you can BYA it's a contributor.
The a-holes who push this crap should be required to deliver casualty notifications to families.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They will change the rules for them. In another career many years ago I was rookie in the NYPD Police academy. Many of the females could not pass the weapons qualification at Rodmans Neck, they had problems pulling the stiff trigger on the S&W model 10. Needless to say all these females passed when they were retested. They either lightened, the trigger pull, or looked the other way when they used two fingers to pull the trigger. Fast forward about 20 years I am in different career I am teaching Proby School for the FDNY, the had a female who was so bad with a hose line she created her own personal tsunami. One of the instructors gave her the nickname Tsunami Sue. After being recycled a few times Sue finally passed through the Academy, she is now the head a FDNY women's association.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
That will never happen! Every female would be out the first week. If any make it to hell week, it's over for them.
I have few female friends, West Point graduates, who were in many sticky situations overseas, who would wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Reactions: llaara

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
I have few female friends, West Point graduates, who were in many sticky situations overseas, who would wholeheartedly disagree with you.
Your prob right.. They may make it to hell week.. Then there out... If females were as combat capable as males then would have been integrated into the teams and other units already but there is something called biology. If two of the most fit women in the army (and they had to be very fit by female standards to fight their way into ranger school) had to have ranger school dumbed down for them to pass it then they will probably not even make it past phase 1... Seals go to ranger school for fun after phase 3 (seriously)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't understand the fight for men and women to be the same. Why is it sexist to say we are very different? I think it's the liberal progressives using it to push their agenda. God made us each with our own strengths and weaknesses. Some things women are better at and some things men are better at. Why do we have to merge the two sexes? I really have a tough time seeing why all the fuss? Funniest part of it all is how the left coddle and make excuses for Muslims who by far suppress women about as much as any culture ever has, yet in America they want them to be seals. Crazy world we live in

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.