Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
957 Posts
I've always wanted an OD green AR so I finally started my first build. It didnt make much sense to spend the money on an entry level bare bones one especially with our garbage laws thinning out the market for us even more. Started with an anderson stripped lower, bought the PSA magpul MOE lower build/parts kit with the grip and stock included. Went with a PSA "mock dissipator" style upper with the stainless steel barrel.Just picked up the handguard from DSI today so it's completely done but I'm just waiting for the BCG to come in the mail. Gonna be a range toy so fixed mag made the most sense for me. All in all everything feels great and I'm only into it for like $550-600. Highly recommend PSA for anyone looking to do an AR build especially if you are on a budget. They are highly regarded for a reason.

Attachments

·
Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
The only gas system I've ever had a problem with was the carbine length. Mid length and rifle length have always been flawless. Any weight buffer seems to work flawlessly 100% of the time.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
The OP's is a rifle length gas port on a 16" barrel which yields a lower pressure and a very short impulse because of the short distance from the gas port to the barrel. This generally makes for a more challenging build than a traditional carbine/carbine or rifle/rifle build.

·
LIF Official Supporter
2,384 Posts
The OP's is a rifle length gas port on a 16" barrel which yields a lower pressure and a very short impulse because of the short distance from the gas port to the barrel. This generally makes for a more challenging build than a traditional carbine/carbine or rifle/rifle build.
You wouldn't want to bet a new G43 on that would you?

·
Banned
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a faux gas block on the front. It's a mid length gas system on a 16 in barrel

·
LIF Official Supporter
2,384 Posts
It is a mid gas as you can plainly see in the picture

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not completely done, what sights are you going to run? Flip up rear sight or optic?..... It's funny I've tried scopes red dot ect and my favorite is a Magpul rear flip up ......sometimes at calverton, they throw a frisbee on the sand backstop @100 yards to help sight in new scopes, when the ro was done helping the man sight in he was curious to see if I could hit with irons since I was right next to him, I shot 4/5 5th shot an inch off (you could see the sand lift ). It's good do have a nice obv but maybe not necessary for your first few range trips I highly recommend rear flip up, for 50$ you can't go wrong

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.