Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get two different first aid kits. One I want to keep as a shooting first aid kit that will stay in my range bag (I would like it to contain a CAT tourniquet). The other I want is for a kit that I can use for a hunting/bug out bag. By the way, I am wanting to buy an all ready made kit. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

-Dave

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Lots of good YouTube videos out there on this very topic. Ask ten people and you'll probably get ten different answers. Might be cheaper to put a kit together yourself. The adventure medical kits are pretty good if you want to go ready made. Quality first aid materials aren't cheap, so be prepared to shell out some bucks to get something decent.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
I would also add highly recommend adding this to any hunting first aid or BOB. I have them in my shop, vests, range bag, trucks, rooms around the house and all my kits...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font Electronic instrument

http://www.amazon.co...ords=quick clot

You can research First Aid kits online, get a basic one then add specific items to improve them based on predictable needs/application. QuickClot also makes a "trauma pack" and adding a rolled sam splint and tourniquet to a basic kit is also a good way to go. And I know you want an "all in one" but getting a decent basic kit and adding 2-4 other easy items is the way to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Don't laugh, but a good cheap addition to a first aid kit are "feminine hygiene" products. Guess what they are made to do? Absorb blood.
Use Maxi-pads for those heavy blood flow days.......................or so I heard.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I have a trauma bag from "survival supply" $60, I took out a few things and added a few but its a good basic trauma kit. Get some Israeli Bandages too. A lot depends on what you want it for, if just for a range, you only have to stop bleeding till EMS arrives, if hunting etc then you have to think more long term care.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.