Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I was last on the site.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get good, clean, uniform cut, seasoned firewood? I live in Rocky Point & would prefer someone out this way. If you know of a supplier you can recommend I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
There's a few threads about it. I believe the ARCHITECT has a deal in place that gives LIF members a discount with someone out east. I forget the name but run a search and you'll find.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
without checking the other thread, think it was "wood valley"? Only good thing to come of it is I have a full cord of NOW seasoned wood for this winter
I just think it's good to post both good and bad experiences with companies so people know who to use and who to avoid.

My attitude is to always get your wood for the winter by June. But that's not always possible.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
I cut my own and season it. My town allows 10 trees cut without permit. With the super cel we had I'm still cutting fallen trees. Up to 20 cords now.

If you want free and can pickup and have the time to season for next year (stack in sun and wind) check the N. Shore between Smithtown to Stonybrook. We have tons of cut trees curbside littered everywhere from that storm a week ago. Still hearing chainsaws working all day long.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
We still have now well seasoned wood from Sandy storm. Whenever we get low on firewood, hubby picks up another load from somebody's curb, splits it and stacks it at the back of the property for future use. You can never have too much firewood. We started doing this after a few unfortunate deliveries of supposedly seasoned firewood. It was as green as green gets and they also did not deliver proper amount. I cannot now remember who it was, because it was a while ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.