1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,864 Posts
I have seen some very impressive deer there...most you could take with a hammer

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,864 Posts
By the way tomorrow is opening day Archery season.
We tried to get a hunt in Sunken Forest but the Bambi crowd went nuts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,864 Posts
Excuse me "went nuts" they have always been NUTS!
rue, I mean they came out in droves protesting and of course the fawning (ha) media went right along with them

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
My cousin has seen a few bucks on his property on the North Fork during the summer. He hasn't seen any doe. It is possible the cull effected the deer population by him.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,864 Posts

·
Still a David Crockett kid
2,762 Posts
If you want to see some huge bucks( I was going to say racks but I know where that would go)check Brookhaven lab at night and no they do not glow !

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,864 Posts
If you want to see some huge bucks( I was going to say racks but I know where that would go)check Brookhaven lab at night and no they do not glow !
I've seen them. Turned into the quad one evening and there were 40+ deer just hanging around. Funny thing, some did glow, although a little bit. When they had the tritium releases into the watershed, many deer ingested it

Reactions: mason852

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I've seen them. Turned into the quad one evening and there were 40+ deer just hanging around. Funny thing, some did glow, although a little bit. When they had the tritium releases into the watershed, many deer ingested it
Radioactive venison. I'd eat it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts