Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Dick's has the Pro 32 + 6 safe on sale for $600. Seems a ton of bang for that buck, and the reviews are pretty good too. Thoughts?

PRODUCT FEATURES
  • Capacity to store up to 32 long guns and 6 handguns
  • ETL verified for 30 minutes at 1400 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Drill-resistant, hardened steel plate behind lock provides a higher level of security
  • Eight total locking bolts including five live action and three dead bolts
  • 1.5" steel bolts are located on all four sides of the door
  • Recessed door is pry resistant
  • Five spoke spin handle in chrome
  • External hinges
  • Pre-attached legs
  • Predrilled anchoring holes including four at the center back and six on the bottom
  • Two anchoring screws are included
  • Black matte pebble external finish with Field & Stream® name
  • Full interior graphite gray carpeting on the body of the safe
  • Interior Storage Includes:
  • Permanent integrated door panel Includes:
  • California DOJ approved
  • ETL verified
  • Not intended to protect electronic media such as thumb drives, computer diskettes, cartridges and tapes, audio or video cassettes, or photo negatives
  • External Dimensions: 59"H x 29.25"W x 25.5"D
  • Weight: 493 lbs
  • Model: HEH00355
  • Field & Stream

· Premium Member
651 Posts
Safes are like fish tanks....buy the biggest you can afford and the biggest you can fit. Because as soon as you get it home, you're going to want the bigger one. I have the 16 gun field and stream. I thought I would never outgrow it. Well, I've outgrown it. (If anyone would like to make me an offer so I can upgrade, please let me know. I have the ability to deliver) I had one issue the the locking bolts. Called Dicks and they sent a locksmith over and fixed it in a few minutes. No charge. I'm very happy with the safe, just running out of room.

· Registered
1,530 Posts
I got the 10 gun and it is more like a 6 gun but for the money it's fine.

I don't like electronic locks so I got the mechanical. It is not the quality of the S&G lock on my Sturdy Safe and the metal is much thinner, but it's serves it's purpose

· Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im less worried about high tech criminals coming in to crack my safe than I am keeping things out of reach of kids and house guests. I am less worried about protection from fires and EMP's than I am it being small enough for common criminals to take with them. I figure 500 lbs of safe plus another 500 in ammo and firearms should be more than sufficient.

· Premium Member
7,783 Posts
A 32 longarm safe translates into about 20 (nice) rifles, with not too much room for a case of ammo. Unless, of course, you don't mind your rifles getting dinged-up a bit, then you can fit a few more.

The shelf systems they offer are nice, but eat up so much room. I've taken all that stuff out of my safes and made my own 'racks' - and for added protection I'm slowly wrapping all my longarms in treated gun socks.

· Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
I'm not sure about that model, but some of the cheaper Field & Stream "safes" have a keyhole behind the lock for a cheap skeleton key in case the cheap dial lock breaks. A good whack with a screwdriver gets the safe open faster than a crowbar. I'd look at it closely before buying.

· Registered
1,530 Posts
Im less worried about high tech criminals coming in to crack my safe than I am keeping things out of reach of kids and house guests. I am less worried about protection from fires and EMP's than I am it being small enough for common criminals to take with them. I figure 500 lbs of safe plus another 500 in ammo and firearms should be more than sufficient.
I'm not thinking EMP, just that the electronics will fail eventually.

· Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Buddy bought one and likes it. Fine if you're trying to just keep kids out, etc.

He ended up going in for the smaller safe.....which was out of stock during the sale, so the manager gave him the larger safe for the price of the smaller on-sale safe. He got a stupid deal so you may want to use that info to your own advantage if you choose to buy that safe. Maybe you get lucky if the are out of stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.