Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used Port Jeff Army and Navy for years......they were outstanding to do business with and are greatly missed. Who is everyone using in central / eastern Suffolk ?

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
I would also try Long Island Gun Source which is close to Yaphank if you have a Suffolk County Pistol License. You can also try L.I. Ammo in Northport.
Most popular is DSI or Campsite.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I always see Nick at Benson's for my transfer's, $10.86 out the door (if you don't find something else to buy while you're there); however, I don't think they will transfer in new guns that they stock.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
I always see Nick at Benson's for my transfer's, $10.86 out the door (if you don't find something else to buy while you're there); however, I don't think they will transfer in new guns that they stock.
Is this a private sale pistol,rifle,shotgun Under Safe Act or an Internet purchase?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I think both, but am not positive. Call before designating them as your FFL to make sure...always all for Nick, let him know Mike from SUNY referred you to him.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
I think both, but am not positive. Call before designating them as your FFL to make sure...always all for Nick, let him know Mike from SUNY referred you to him.
This is by far the most reasonable price for an FFL transfer.
I know a few places are following the $10 Private Sale as per Safe Act now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all.....very much appreciate the responses. I've gone to Bensons for years and have used them for hunting licenses and new purchases. Nick has always been a gentleman. I was under the impression that they did FFL transfers but that may have been for new firearms. This was for my dad as he had a bad experience transferring a new firearm. Just wanted some feedback. Thanks !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts