Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any FFL holders on long island that are willing to accept transfers from individuals?

I tried Camp-Site & Hunter Sports but both said no.

I'm looking to bid on a Russian Saiga AK sporter online (NY legal) but it's being sold by an individual.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,906 Posts
Last year I got a moist nugget from a guy in Pennsylvania -- he sent it to Camp Site -- Sean called -- when I got there - when opened - none of his info was in the box ( duh ) he said in PA - they mail long guns to each other all the time - after he faxed over his drivers license & my NICS waiting time + $30. to Camp Site ----
clapping.gif

·
Registered
883 Posts
I know federally it's cool for an individual to send a long gun or a pistol to a FFL for transfer but in NY it's usually a no go.

I've heard the state and local ffl licencing authorities don't want FFLs to do it and FFLs say receiving guns from only FFLs insures they don't get stolen guns and they have a chain of custody. Is there any validity to that?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Volko does such transfers. Call them come tuesday and Vic or Ron will give you the lowdown. It is perfectly legal to do such txs.

Reactions: TJ Ironhorse

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Volko is the only FFL i trust. And yes they will accept with a copy of the persons state issued drivers license.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Volko is the only FFL i trust. And yes they will accept with a copy of the persons state issued drivers license.
As long as that state issued driver's license has a physical address.

No PO boxes.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I know federally it's cool for an individual to send a long gun or a pistol to a FFL for transfer but in NY it's usually a no go.

I've heard the state and local ffl licencing authorities don't want FFLs to do it and FFLs say receiving guns from only FFLs insures they don't get stolen guns and they have a chain of custody. Is there any validity to that?
The state and locals can pound salt. They dont want it? Tough shit. Its legal to do, and I applaud any FFL that refuses to cave to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts