Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Ferret .50 BMG upper review

6K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Parashooter 
#1 ·
I bought his trigger group and upper years ago:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ghlight=ferret
I absolutely love my rifle, it shoots sub MOA all day with match ammo. Recoil is a push, not a snap. Very tolerable; like shooting a 12 gauge slug.

He let me pick his brain to pieces years ago, least I can do is pass on his offer. Dave is a real straight shooter and a pleasure to deal with.
From Dave:
Quote:
I went looking for message forum posts where people have mentioned the Ferret50 in the past and I saw yours. Reason being is I appreciate the favorable mention. So, I don't want you to miss an opportunity to win a rifle from us. Yes, we are giving away a Supercomp Ferret50 Rifle by random drawing. The "Official Rules" have a page on our website and here is the link www.ferret50.com/giveaway.html

Im also giving updates from our Facebook page www.facebook.com/spiderfirearms

The methods of entry are listed in the Official Rule and Ive posted a couple easy methods of entry on Facebook. The following is one related to message forums……

Fabulous Ferret50 50cal Giveaway!

1) Go to your favorite message board or discussion forum and start a new topic.

2) Write a favorable review and/or post a picture of your own or one from our website. OR, cut and paste this message about the Fabulous Ferret50 50cal Giveaway into the body of your topic. If a related topic has already been started, just simply comment and/or post a picture of the Ferret50 in the thread.

3) Include a link to www.ferret50.com

4) Click the button to start topic or send reply.

5) Email a link to your topic or reply to info@ferret50.com

The email you send is your actual entry and will be used in the drawing. You can enter as many times as you like.

Here is a link to our gallery http://www.ferret50.com/gallery.html

Please read the complete list of rules and entry methods at http://www.ferret50.com/giveaway.html

Good Luck!
Thank you,
Dave Moore

Spider Firearms
2005-B Murcott Dr
StCloud, FL 34771
www.ferret50.com
v407-957-3617
f407-957-0296

See less See more
#7 ·
On 3/29/2016 paid $1500. down to have a Ferret50 built by this company. Delivery date was supposed to be July/August 2016. No gun. Four more date given as delivery dates, still no gun. Drove to FL from WV in November 2016, visited gun shop and was told I would have my gun before Christmas. In Feb. 2017, company admitted they has no barrels to build guns with. We have requested a full refund three times. Now our phone calls are ignored. If you take money for something and never deliver, customer should be refunded, this is fraudulent activity.

#8 ·
On 3/29/2016 paid $1500. down to have a Ferret50 built by this company. Delivery date was supposed to be July/August 2016. No gun. Four more date given as delivery dates, still no gun. Drove to FL from WV in November 2016, visited gun shop and was told I would have my gun before Christmas. In Feb. 2017, company admitted they has no barrels to build guns with. We have requested a full refund three times. Now our phone calls are ignored. If you take money for something and never deliver, customer should be refunded, this is fraudulent activity.
That drive down to Florida was a complete waste of time and money. You should of asked for a refund when you were in person. Small claims court is probably your last option if they are in business.

#10 ·
I actually did email. Told him that scamming people is disgraceful, and trying to get free advertising, by coaxing people to give FAKE good reviews about the products for a rifle that will NEVER COME, is just as bad! Here was his reply:

"David,

Im not scamming anyone. This has become a complicated matter with the customer and its a long story. As far as production, we are simply behind on my schedule. All customers WILL get their orders. Always have, always will.

Now, you have come at me with both barrels WITHOUT asking any questions. You do realize there are two sides to a story, don't you?

Thank you,
David Moore"

All that I'll say is for shame on all of you who gave this scam artist a fake good review, on a product that you have NO knowledge of! They are not going to give anyone a free rifle. He's not the first one who has done this to gain more customers-customers who will go into giving up $1500 or more with a false sense of security.

#11 ·
Me and my friend both own Ferret's and we never had a problem with David or his service. When I had a super comp barrel put on and a problem developed. David told me to send it back and he replaced the receiver, the complete bolt and repainted the upper at no charge. We both won a few trophies and matches. We never had any problems David.

#12 ·
Me and my friend both own Ferret's and we never had a problem with David or his service. When I had a super comp barrel put on and a problem developed. David told me to send it back and he replaced the receiver, the complete bolt and repainted the upper at no charge. We both won a few trophies and matches. We never had any problems David.
But it may well be a "that was then, this is now" situation.... businesses change, people change.... the big thing is the customer had enough runaround and asked for a refund - the answer should have been a simple and immediate, 'Yes, OK.' and an apology - then we wouldn't be here now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.