Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
Joined
·
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean. C'mon. If you were the seller, would you have sold to Dane?

http://www.courant.com/community/fairfield/hc-rifle-to-fight-alien-invasion-070520100705,0,6458970.story

Police: Felon Bought Rifle To Stop Alien Invasion
By JOSEPH WENZEL IV, [email protected]

2:33 PM EDT, July 4, 2010

A Fairfield man was arrested Thursday morning after buying a high powered rifle to stop an alien invasion, police said.

Fairfield Police Sgt. James Perez said Dane Eisenman, 57, responded to a classified advertisement for a .30-06 rifle about a month ago. While filing out the paper for the rifle, police said, he mentioned to the seller what he would be using the weapon for.

"He said he was going to use the weapon to kill aliens," Perez said.

The seller was unsure if Eisenman was referring to space aliens or illegal aliens, Perez added. Sgt. Perez said Eisenman told the seller of the rifle every 36,000 years, aliens who live under the sun come to Earth to kill humans, and he needed to be prepared because "They're going to be coming soon."

After the sale of the rifle, the man reported Eisenman to police. Sgt. Perez said Eisenman, who is a convicted felon, is legally prohibited from buying or owning a hand gun or rifle.

Eisenman turned himself into police thursday morning and was charged with charge of criminal possession of a firearm. He will be arraigned in Bridgeport Superior Court on July 9.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,908 Posts
What a looser. Everyone knows that you can't stop an alien with a a 30-06.
 

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
M14BULLETTS said:
30-06 IS FINE FOR SMALLER NON ACID BASED ALIENS , ANY THING BIGGER AND MORE EVIL NEEDS THE GUOPO SPECIAL
:yepthat

but sometimes, when I'm feeling nostalgic....I go with 7.62 x 54r.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,575 Posts
hmb said:
wtf why didnt he back out of the sale?
Possibly was afraid? Thought it was a joke? I've bought rifles and told the seller it was for the immenent zombie invasion... they always laugh thinking it is a joke.

Of course, it is not a joke, but that is not the point I'm making here.
 

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
M14BULLETTS said:
30-06 IS FINE FOR SMALLER NON ACID BASED ALIENS , ANY THING BIGGER AND MORE EVIL NEEDS THE GUOPO SPECIAL
Is it best to use hollow point or FMJ on the acid based aliens?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,029 Posts
Tonto said:
Is it best to use hollow point or FMJ on the acid based aliens?
IT ALL DEPENDS ON DISTANCE ---------- NORMALLY I WOULD USE A FIRE BASED WEAPON ON ACID BASED ALIENS

IF YOU GET EM HOT ENOUGH YOUR TROUT DOES NOT EVEN GET IRRITATED
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,674 Posts
hmb said:
wtf why didnt he back out of the sale?
Maybe he was afraid of the guy? I mean, how would you feel hearing this from somebody?

Plus, I don't think it is law for a private sale to have such checks. Therefore, the seller did nothing wrong.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,574 Posts
guyver0313 said:
Maybe he was afraid of the guy? I mean, how would you feel hearing this from somebody?

Plus, I don't think it is law for a private sale to have such checks. Therefore, the seller did nothing wrong.
When you say the seller did nothing wrong, do you mean legally or morally? Or, are you intimating that if something is not against the law thart it's not wrong?

On the other hand, how do WE know that every 36.000 years aliens don't actually come out of the sun to kill earth humans? It would seem to contravene modern science, but so does a guy coming back from the dead, another guy moving an ocean with the power of thought, and human parthenogenesis.

I can't say one theory is a whole lot less "crazier" than the other, and at least one of them is held as fact by about 70% of the world's human population. Kind of gives you something to thing about before calling the guy "crazy". If the alien theory was something he was indoctrinated into by a religious order, perhaps from birth, and surrounded by other believers, then I reckon you could not logically argue that he should not be able to buy a gun on any grounds other than the aforementioned felony, right?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,674 Posts
Captain Will said:
When you say the seller did nothing wrong, do you mean legally or morally? Or, are you intimating that if something is not against the law thart it's not wrong?

On the other hand, how do WE know that every 36.000 years aliens don't actually come out of the sun to kill earth humans? It would seem to contravene modern science, but so does a guy coming back from the dead, another guy moving an ocean with the power of thought, and human parthenogenesis.

I can't say one theory is a whole lot less "crazier" than the other, and at least one of them is held as fact by about 70% of the world's human population. Kind of gives you something to thing about before calling the guy "crazy". If the alien theory was something he was indoctrinated into by a religious order, perhaps from birth, and surrounded by other believers, then I reckon you could not logically argue that he should not be able to buy a gun on any grounds other than the aforementioned felony, right?
I am simply saying the seller did nothing legally wrong.

Besides, there is more than 36,000 aliens coming here every year. They are coming in through other countries illegally and killing hundreds of Americans annually.
 

·
Now an Ex NYer
Joined
·
25,015 Posts
John C beat me to it, but the question remains:
I don't understand why they didn't let him have his AFDB (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie for you neophytes) on when they snapped this photo..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
if you were that unsure about selling somebody a rifle that you reported it to the police you fucked up. maybe not legally but come on were is your common sense, do you want to be the guy that sells a rifle to somebody who does something to give us all a bad name?
 

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
hoodfu said:
I only use 10 mm explosive tip caseless light armor piercing rounds. Then again, that just seems to make them mad.
Caseless?....Hmmmm....so I guess the reload option is out.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Because when you're dealing with the transaction of a firearm and suddenly find out that the other person is a nutjob, what you should really do is piss him off by telling him you don't want to sell it to him right after hearing his story.

The seller did the right thing. Play it cool then call the cops. Would you rather read this story or "man killed after rifle sale goes awry"?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top