Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You would think they would be charged with being here illegally as well! I expect Bloomberg will take credit for this somehow. ??)

Feds charge 2 immigrants with possessing rifles

Published February 17, 2011
| Associated Press
PHOENIX - Federal prosecutors in Arizona say two illegal immigrants from Mexico have been indicted after they were found to possess a combined 222 assault rifles and five pistols that authorities say were headed to Mexico.

Prosecutors said Thursday the two immigrants possessed the weapons in May and August, and that the guns were later seized in the border city of Laredo, Texas.

The indictment doesn't say whether the two - Jose Beltran-Bermudez and Yazmin Arvayo-Palafox - were present when the guns were seized. It also doesn't indicate where the weapons were bought.

The immigrants are charged with being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm.

Beltran-Bermudez's attorney, Stephen Duncan, says his client will plead not guilty. Calls to Arvayo-Palafox's attorney weren't immediately returned Thursday.

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
They didn't charge them with being here illegally, because they were going back.  They must have wandered over the border by mistake

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strat688 said:
They didn't charge them with being here illegally, because they were going back. They must have wandered over the border by mistake
I don't see how they got lost since they often come across the desert using GPS's and have coyote's guiding them.
And the media will continue to downplay it until Obama wants to use it to promote his agenda.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
"The immigrants are charged with being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm."

I think that charge is inclusive in the gun charge.

What they probably CAN'T charge them with on account of their immigration status is Federal Firearms Trafficking. Which would mean it's actually better for them to be illegals I think,. But I'm not a lawyer.

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
Captain Will said:
"The immigrants are charged with being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm."

I think that charge is inclusive in the gun charge.

What they probably CAN'T charge them with on account of their immigration status is Federal Firearms Trafficking. Which would mean it's actually better for them to be illegals I think,. But I'm not a lawyer.
Why not? There's no requirement to be a citizen to be charged with a crime. remember the kid caught in asia spraying graffiti? he broke the law there, and got punished just like one of them - with a good whipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts