Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
I thought GOAs suit was shot down already because their guy Antyouk crawfished?
My guess is this is an old poster for fund raising prior to the case being tossed.

There is a report that this same group is helping to fund the new NYSRPA lawsuit.

Funding for NYSRPA Lawsuit

I'm not familiar with the organization but maybe someone else on the forum is familiar with them and can shed some light on this latest fundraising effort.

That said these efforts need to be focused. We can't match the state's unlimited resources (OUR TAX DOLLARS) so we need to be prudent in our counter to the state's efforts to infringe on our rights. Instead of pouring hundreds of dollars into complying with unconstitutional mandates it might be money better spent in fighting against those mandates.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,035 Posts
To their Facebook group. I know their legislative officer.
We all need additional info. ha sthe suit been filed? If yes, docket number? If not, why not and when? Who is going to be the person with confirmed standing, to act as the point, for this GOA suit? We got shafted, by Mr. Antonyuk. How is it different, from the NYSRPA v Bruen #2 suit?
Gary

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
We all need additional info. ha sthe suit been filed? If yes, docket number? If not, why not and when? Who is going to be the person with confirmed standing, to act as the point, for this GOA suit? We got shafted, by Mr. Antonyuk. How is it different, from the NYSRPA v Bruen #2 suit?
Gary
Gary, I am sure you will have all the information once you have it. Mr. Antonyuk did something very similar to the Petitioner with taking his unloaded guns in a locked case outside the city to go target shoot. The City changed the law and the case was mooted. The petitioner didn’t want anything else from the City of New York. The next lawsuit will require multiple people to work. A businessman with a NYC carry now unable to carry in Times Square because it’s a sensitive location would be a good start.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Gary, I am sure you will have all the information once you have it. Mr. Antonyuk did something very similar to the Petitioner with taking his unloaded guns in a locked case outside the city to go target shoot. The City changed the law and the case was mooted. The petitioner didn’t want anything else from the City of New York. The next lawsuit will require multiple people to work. A businessman with a NYC carry now unable to carry in Times Square because it’s a sensitive location would be a good start.
How about a guy like me who has a full carry for the past 10 years not work related who now has in essence a premise permit? Could I be the point guy this time?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
How about a guy like me who has a full carry for the past 10 years not work related who now has in essence a premise permit? Could I be the point guy this time?
If you live in Catskill or Adirondack Park. You could establish a case. The best attack is multiple people effected. From someone applying for the first time who moved from out of state with not knowing 4 people to be references to an applicant worried to provide his social media that it will violate his first amendment rights.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
No I live in Westchester County but still am being infringed. What other Constitutional right has to have a sign posted in a business window in order to exercise it?Does there need to be a sign in a window that says freedom of speech welcome here?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts