Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tallest Midget
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is anything running in the Great South Bay this month or is no one out fishing. How is the crabbing in the cold months.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
boke,

New to fishing the briny ? Except for the white perch, not much except cod in the ocean. At the earliest, most seasons do not open until April. Blue claw crabs start in around late June (used to be even later.)

A lot of regulations and limits to absorb. Get started here: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7894.html and if interested, join nyangler.com. The old noreast.com is practically dead.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
In the Western LI Sound St Pattys DAy use to be the unofficial opening day for flounder fishing. Dont know if that still holds true.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I've been on the DEC website more than I care to admit right now.
that's OK and a good thing. They like stalkers there as no one else pays attention to the regs !

·
Tallest Midget
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went out for like 4 hours today. Was getting a bunch of nibbles, but no real bites. I decided to call it quits when the wind picked up and v started to cut right through me.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Went out for like 4 hours today. Was getting a bunch of nibbles, but no real bites. I decided to call it quits when the wind picked up and v started to cut right through me.
Where ? Please answer in a general sense, no spot burning, lol.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
if white perch, I know. although what do you mean with "Long Island side?"

·
Tallest Midget
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Every day I've been off of work has been crappy, so I haven't gone out much. I did however get my crab trap the other day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts