Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate this... it just gives Obama more ammo for gun control...

http://news.yahoo.com/us-shooter-had-least-three-guns-bought-legally-194311013.html

Chattanooga (United States) (AFP) - The gunman who carried out the deadly attacks on two US military centers in Tennessee had at least two rifles and one handgun, some of which were purchased legally, the FBI said Friday.

Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, killed four Marines and injured three other people on Thursday before he died in a shootout with police in Chattanooga.

"He did have at least two long guns, which would be considered rifles or shotguns. And he did have one handgun, that we're aware of," said FBI special agent Ed Reinhold.

"Some of the weapons were purchased legally and some may not have been."

Abdulazeez was not wearing body armor, but was wearing a vest allowing him to carry additional rounds of ammunition, Reinhold said.

The FBI said there was so far "no indication that he was directed or inspired by anyone other than himself," but that investigators were looking at possible links to terror organizations overseas.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts

·
Banned
10,833 Posts
If he had no prior criminal record, then of course some were purchased legally. Gun control would have done nothing to stop this, as the article implies some were obtained illegally as well. Criminals will get weapons no matter what. Citizens are the ones punished when new gun laws are passed. On Long Island we're outgunned completely when outside of our homes. Law Enforcement isn't ubiquitous, as much as liberals want you to think it is...

Bad things can, will, and do happen to otherwise good people. And they can happen any time and anywhere. Hell, my father was robbed at gun point when he was attending college. Only reason he wasn't shot was because he had a nice watch and some cash on hand.

More casualties = more fear. This in turn creates a push among the ignorant for more gun control. And so the cycle continues.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Workplace violence is getting out of hand.

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
I see this differently.... this is the result of all the liberal gun restrictions and fear hustling.... and the perfect time to pound them with their own words and stupidity.... words like 'Only the military should have guns " then why didn't those Marines have guns? " It's a gun free zone" .the terrorist shot through the No Gun Sign There will be no legislation put forward that is regarding this incident...the libs want those Marines buried and for this to fade into the next news cycle.

This MFing President stood at a podium expressing sorrow for a few criminals killed by cops ...but the media had to track him down for a statement when 4 Marines are killed in our own country....and he doesn't even have enough class to stand..... they want this to disappear .... like Benghazi

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
It has been reported that it was an "AK-47 style" rifle. 2 long guns, a hand gun and load bearing vest with mags.

Now, the FBI statement of "Some of the weapons were purchased legally and some may not have been."
seems strange to me. It's just 3 guns confirmed, would they not know the breakdown, and if not why comment on that? You would think if he would comment he would say "we know 1 or 2 were bought legally" or something to that effect. Seems that agent doesn't really know or should not comment on it then.

And the shooter traveled to Jordan recently, which may have increased his radical Islam views.

·
King Coal and Lord of the Blue Ladies
2,148 Posts
I have a Liberal a$$ relative that was spouting off with his friends today about this ..and how this proves we need more gun control..well the dam finally burst. Here is my reply to him and his liberal pos friends. Sorry for all the typos. I had too much espresso this morning.

"I just have to admire the inner machinations of the Liberal mind. A Terrorist Madman commits an heinous crime ...solution MORE LAWS that do nothing but restrict the rights of LAW ABIDDING citizens. YES...YES we all know its not the mad man its the GUN. If only we could live in a Liberal Utopia were all guns were banned murder would just disappear and acts of terror would no longer exist and we could all ride our Unicorns along rainbow highways to a love fest.

We dont need more gun control. WE NEED CRIME CONTROL! I find it so ironic that the very same policies Liberals find so dear to their hearts are the very cause of MOST of the Gun Crime they despise so much. I know I am a knuckle dragging gun loving Caveman who has no hope in making a cogent argument capable of getting through to elightened progressive thinkers but alas there is a side of me that just likes barking at the wind.

Liberals love welfare and social programs (the road to hell is paved with good intentions)...ultimately this has lead to the creation of slums, ghettos that breed the very voilence they claim to hate. Case in point Chicago... (incidentally Obamas political home) They already have some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the country. HIGHEST MURDER RATE in the US. Liberal solution we need more laws. See a problem here? No of course you dont.

Maybe if Liberals really cared about these people and gun violence they would do something about creating economic reform in these crime hotspots? Nah. How about give them a good education and combined with economic reform so they have opportunity to better themselves and become productive members of society instead of joining gangs, running drugs and killing each other? NAH. Just ban those ASSUALT RIFLES..because all gang bangers are using ARs....smh.

Liberals love to talk about Immigration reform.. Case in point.. San Fransico.. Sanctuarary city. Harbors ILLEGAL ALIENS. Just recently an ILLEGAL alien who had been deported 5 times acquired and ILLEGAL pistol and murdered an innocent young lady walking with her dad. Liberal response... WE NEED MORE GUN CONTROL! Hmmm... please explain to this knuckle dragger what law you would pass that would have prevented this crime and others like it from happening again?

Which brings me back to the latest Domestic Terror Act... Typical liberal response. WE NEED MORE GUN LAWS!! This was an act of a Lone Wolf Radicalized Muslim Terrorist but to Liberals this is a gun control issue. Solution Ban all Assualt Rifles!

FRANCE....VERY RESTRICTIVE GUN LAWS French citizens cannot own guns. Even the average police officer is unarmed. Sadly the terrorists there had NO problem acquiring FULLY AUTO AK47s and conducting in broad daylight acts of terror. Maybe the French need more laws?

This is not a gun control issue. People who are hell bent on committing heinous acts of murder will find a way. It is already against the law to commit murder. To carry guns in GUN FREE zones. When will liberals realize that CRIMINALS by their very definition do not obey or respect laws!

I can hear the retorts now......yes but the guns make it easier to kill multiple people. True. Surprised? I do not and have never denied the fact that a firearm in the hands of an evil person can take multiple innocent lives. Banning a weapon/firearm does not solve the problem...THIS is my argument. The problem is the EVIL MURDEROUS people will still exist. You could never consficate all the firearms and where there is demand there is supply. Where there is a will they will find a way just like they did in France.

Assault Weapon / Assault Rifle.. Do you realize American citizens have been able to purchase semi automatic firearms since about 1930? Semiauto Shotguns, pistols and rifles have been sold by the millions. How is it we haven't all been shot by now? I know by now that this issue is not about logic it about an irrational fear of guns..especially scary black ones.

In fact I bet most of the Liberals who decry these firearms as such a deadly menance to society(and must be banned) have never even seen one or know somoeone who has. Yet they act as if there is one being brandished on every corner.

What is an assault rifle? A semi auto? What about pump action? What about lever action? What about revolvers? And now we really get to it don't we? What you and those like you really want is not GUN CONTROL but confiscation. A narrow minded approach. All we have to do is remember what happened when the government tried to ban alcohol. Did people stop drinking? Did supply dry up? All it did was fund the criminal element..oh yeah and plenty of people were killed in the process.

Everyone wants to feel safe. I get it. Unfortunately I have bad news for you. You are not safe you have never been safe and no law will ever change that. SCARY I know. The public has been sold on a fantasy that the government/police..etc will keep them safe. It just isn't possible(and in fairness not for a lack of trying) and never has been but politicians are more than willing to pass more laws to perpetuate that illusion so the sheep can sleep at night. Baaaaa"

------------------------------

"Any society that will give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both". Ben Franklin

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
What I find utterly disgusting and reprehensible is the reluctance of the brainwashed media to call this a terrorist attack. I think someone sent a media wide memo out saying never call anything a terrorist attack. Unless, of course, a white kid kills unarmed black civilians in a church, then it's "Terrorist Attack" until you're blue in the face. But if a radicalized Muslim kills four unarmed marines, it's "Police and Federal Law Enforcement are unsure of the motivation behind this attack and have found no proof of ties to ISIS at this time." Un-f****g-belivable.

Same thing with Islamic guy who cuts a poor lady's head off in Oklahoma...they wouldn't call it a terrorist attack. The two Muslims in Texas that were shot before they could take out a crowd at a Hebdo protest. Not a terrosist attack. WTF does it take for someone, other than a crazy piece of white trash, to be called a terrorist in this frickin country? Is the media *really* that PC that you can't call an Islamic Terrorist exactly what they are? It's infuriating!! And if they can't process this, wait until the fun *really* begins, I'm affraid this is a pebble ripple in a lake compared to what's coming.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,699 Posts
I have a Liberal a$$ relative that was spouting off with his friends today about this ..and how this proves we need more gun control..well the dam finally burst. Here is my reply to him and his liberal pos friends. Sorry for all the typos. I had too much espresso this morning.

…
There is no reasoning with lefties. Leftism is a severe psychological illness. Talking facts to them just makes them even crazier, sometimes even violently so. Their goal is to make you feel like your the crazy one.

They only way to deal with them is by removing them from any positions of power and authority and making sure they are kept out of such positions in the future. There are peaceful means of accomplishing this via the ballot box (assuming they have not corrupted the system beyond repair). There are also non-peaceful means, such as the Pinochet military revolution/coup in Chile 1973.

Reactions: DosDemiGod

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
What I find utterly disgusting and reprehensible is the reluctance of the brainwashed media to call this a terrorist attack. I think someone sent a media wide memo out saying never call anything a terrorist attack. Unless, of course, a white kid kills unarmed black civilians in a church, then it's "Terrorist Attack" until you're blue in the face. But if a radicalized Muslim kills four unarmed marines, it's "Police and Federal Law Enforcement are unsure of the motivation behind this attack and have found no proof of ties to ISIS at this time." Un-f****g-belivable.

Same thing with Islamic guy who cuts a poor lady's head off in Oklahoma...they wouldn't call it a terrorist attack. The two Muslims in Texas that were shot before they could take out a crowd at a Hebdo protest. Not a terrosist attack. WTF does it take for someone, other than a crazy piece of white trash, to be called a terrorist in this frickin country? Is the media *really* that PC that you can't call an Islamic Terrorist exactly what they are? It's infuriating!! And if they can't process this, wait until the fun *really* begins, I'm affraid this is a pebble ripple in a lake compared to what's coming.
Funny how it's selective ain't it?

Roof in S.C. represents a whole group of racism (even though he was a lone sicko), and we must ban the confederate flag etc. But anytime it's an attack of radical Islam, hey, let's not condemn a whole religion based on one guy's actions (even though he has ties to radical religious ideology)..

Sadly the media is under this ultra progressive narrative that comes from the Obama years, and liberal millennial generation. Hopefully, the pendulum will swing back soon.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
I hate this... it just gives Obama more ammo for gun control...

http://news.yahoo.com/us-shooter-had-least-three-guns-bought-legally-194311013.html

Chattanooga (United States) (AFP) - The gunman who carried out the deadly attacks on two US military centers in Tennessee had at least two rifles and one handgun, some of which were purchased legally, the FBI said Friday.

Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, killed four Marines and injured three other people on Thursday before he died in a shootout with police in Chattanooga.

"He did have at least two long guns, which would be considered rifles or shotguns. And he did have one handgun, that we're aware of," said FBI special agent Ed Reinhold.

"Some of the weapons were purchased legally and some may not have been."

Abdulazeez was not wearing body armor, but was wearing a vest allowing him to carry additional rounds of ammunition, Reinhold said.

The FBI said there was so far "no indication that he was directed or inspired by anyone other than himself," but that investigators were looking at possible links to terror organizations overseas.
So are we blaming inadequate gun control?
How about failure of the Intelligence agencies to identify this guy early on? I mean, c'mon, don't they have crystal balls?
Maybe his neighbors and co-workers should have tipped of the local Sheriff?
The sad truth is, you can't fix what's wrong here by doing things the way we have been doing them. Today they showed a photo of a child cutting of a mans head. This runs deep. This will take generations to turn around IF we ever stop the cow towwing and the PC BS.
There will be more days like we saw this week, probably many more. If we don't start allowing the military and the Intel guys to do their jobs it's going to get a whole lot worse.
I pray for my grand kids...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.