Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good fab shop on LI that works with trucks, jeeps etc? Want to build a set of sliders for my truck using hitch steel and 1.5 in tubing.

Thanks
 

·
Still working on a screen name
Joined
·
6,642 Posts
Pate said:
I used RMS off-road in Bohemia in the past.

631) 563-7411

1556 Ocean Ave Ste 2
Bohemia, NY 11716
I know several people who've used RMS... all "very" happy with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
What type of vehicle?
And any preference as to location of shop?

I have a good fabricator (offroad) located in Mineola. :D
And LIOR has a good fabricator in West Babylon (Evan, he used to own Westbury Goodyear, now owns an offroad shop).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Dasgreif said:
These will be a for a Nissan Frontier pickup. Allready have sliders I built up on my Jeep.

Thanks, will give RMS a call.
Another Nissan! Cool.
Be sure to join www.linxc.com
Long Island Nissan Xterras Club (yes, we have plenty of members with frontiers as well)
We have a good fabricator in Mineola that has done A LOT on my Xterra, on other xterras and frontiers.
He will use any steel you provide as well. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wanting to build a body mount slider using 1.75 DOM tubing and 2x2 square tubing. Was going to pickup some Shrokworks sliders, but being an avid Jeeper, not a fan of frame mounted sliders unless they are welded on. And the Frontier already has bolts present for the factory streps.

Any good places to pick up steel? Still learning Long Island.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Dasgreif said:
Wanting to build a body mount slider using 1.75 DOM tubing and 2x2 square tubing. Was going to pickup some Shrokworks sliders, but being an avid Jeeper, not a fan of frame mounted sliders unless they are welded on. And the Frontier already has bolts present for the factory streps.

Any good places to pick up steel? Still learning Long Island.
Shrockworks are great, but there is a realllllly long wait time for them.
I have the now defunct EOE sliders on my Xterra and they were bolt-ons, now rust welded on.
Don't be so quick to knock frame welded sliders. On our trucks, it's really not necessary to weld em on.
The frames are damn stout and fully boxed.
I have landed on my sliders REALLY hard in Moab, Rausch and Paragon and never had any bolts sheer, bend or anything.

I've left the purchasing of steel to my fabricator since he normally buys in bulk so it's much cheaper.
He'll be SASing my Xterra within the next few months. :D

Good luck with RMS. Personally have not heard any good dealings with them unless you're going for a gigantic lifted monster truck that will be used in shows only.

There are plenty of hardcore fab shops on LI if you plan on wheeling your rig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks will check those places out. Allready have the parts for a 2.5" lift.

Just need to figure out the sliders and find someone that can build what I want. I can do the welds if needed. But by the time i have the steel cut and bent, the welding wont cost much more.

The truck probably wont be wheeled as much as my Jeep. Ran pretty much every trail out west when we lived in Cali. Spent alot of time wheeling in Joshua Tree, Death Valley, Rubicon, Moab, Glamas, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Dasgreif said:
Thanks will check those places out. Allready have the parts for a 2.5" lift.

Just need to figure out the sliders and find someone that can build what I want. I can do the welds if needed. But by the time i have the steel cut and bent, the welding wont cost much more.

The truck probably wont be wheeled as much as my Jeep.
What 2.5" lift do you have?
Calmini, SLR and A.C. all make 3" lifts

Do you have a first gen Frontier (97-04) or the 2005+ frontier?
Big difference in the sliders and lifts.

If you're doing anything with the Nissan, don't compare it to the Jeep.
Everything will be 3 times as much $$$ and the gains you'll get will not compare either.

My wife has a 4 door JK on 33's, and I have an 01 X on 35's with 3" suspension lift and 2" body lift and a sawsall.
You can fit 35's on a 2" lifted new Jeep without any effort, on a Nissan it's about $1500 plus a lot of trimming. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2010 Pro4x King cab

PRG lift

Volant CAI if I can ever get ahold of Danny in Cali.

Wont do my exhaust or tires untill I wear out the factory bits.

Debating on a Bully Dog or Superchips Cortex.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Dasgreif said:
2010 Pro4x King cab

PRG lift

Volant CAI if I can ever get ahold of Danny in Cali.

Wont do my exhaust or tires untill I wear out the factory bits.

Debating on a Bully Dog or Superchips Cortex.
Alrighty...
Second Gen frames are quite different that first gens.
They are still boxed but are an alloy which makes welding to them pretty tough.
I doubt it will be as strong as bolting sliders on like how they were designed to be.

You aren't the first person to put sliders on a fronty..
Check out
LINXC.COM
Nexterra.org
http://www.thenewx.org/
clubfrontier.org

Cheapest weld up sliders are these..
http://www.trail-gear.com/rocksliders.html
One of the guys on LINXC ordered them and had our fabricator weld em up.
Looked freaking sweet and obviously quite functional.
He used them for goneMoab last year.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top