Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was on a business trip in West Virginia. I stayed at the famous Briarwood Hotel best known for the fallout shelter for our government that was built in the late 50's during the cold war. Since i was a non golfer in the group I got to do other activities. The off road driving was in the mountains as you can see and very dangerous and extremely cool. I also took archery lessons in the same woods. All in all a cool trip.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I were in your business, I'd be right there behind you. I despise golf.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The jeeps were the hotels. You rented the jeeps with an instructor. He gave you five minutes of advise then said here you go for three hours in the hills. He rode with you if you got in trouble but it was all you. He told me how some of the jeeps had rolled. No one had been killed but some of the drop offs were 100 feet plus. Lot's of adrenalin pumping on the 45 degree inclines and some of the downhills were insane.

·
Banned User
2,435 Posts
convgto69 said:
The jeeps were the hotels. You rented the jeeps with an instructor. He gave you five minutes of advise then said here you go for three hours in the hills. He rode with you if you got in trouble but it was all you. He told me how some of the jeeps had rolled. No one had been killed but some of the drop offs were 100 feet plus. Lot's of adrenalin pumping on the 45 degree inclines and some of the downhills were insane.
And I used to think W. Virginia was just for moonshine and banjos :p

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Looks like a ton of fun! Though I wouldn't call it extreme off roading, that's rather mild compared to a lot of really hardcore trails that you wouldn't even think of walking/climbing on, let alone driving on! Definitely a much better way to spend your time than playing golf, you get to learn something new and try something very different and exciting, I personally find golf dull and boring, and I despise it.

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
DanHS said:
Looks like a ton of fun! Though I wouldn't call it extreme off roading, that's rather mild compared to a lot of really hardcore trails that you wouldn't even think of walking/climbing on, let alone driving on! Definitely a much better way to spend your time than playing golf, you get to learn something new and try something very different and exciting, I personally find golf dull and boring, and I despise it.
it never looks as crazy in photos as it actually is..

golf is great.. but i like wheeling more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.