Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the heated topics in the media etc, let's not steer away from the sport/hobby of shooting.

Get yourself to a range, stop by the local stores and get out there and have fun.

·
AH SHADAP, VARMINT!!!
1,039 Posts
Easier said than done when every shot is like a buck or more. I'm waiting for Cedar Creek to get back to shooting the bow.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
45 degrees and sunny Saturday and Sunday!
Plus its getting dark later and daylight savings time kicks in next week.

The outdoor ranges are starting to look more appealing.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
I was supposed to hit the range this weekend but got busy with naps and TV. Maybe one night this week.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I think one of the big concerns with everyone if/when they can replace the ammo. If been to the range a couple of times over the month but in the back of my head (especially after getting another e-mail from Cabelas that my ammo order is delayed) is how long it's going to take to replace what I'm shooting.

Reactions: heywood66

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts
Went trap shooting yesterday at Suffolk Trap & Skeet with a friend ( and fellow LIFer) and his son.
We had a great time. Shot 4 rounds. For non trap shooters a round is 25 clay pigeons.
A little cool and windy but not bad really.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I feel the same, as much as I want to get out. I don't feel like I have enough ammo to go shoot and keep a comfortable reserve. I've only been able to find ammo online. Nothing local.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Went trap shooting yesterday at Suffolk Trap & Skeet with a friend ( and fellow LIFer) and his son.
We had a great time. Shot 4 rounds. For non trap shooters a round is 25 clay pigeons.
A little cool and windy but not bad really.
Went with my father in law and a friend on Saturday and did Sporties and 1 round of skeet. The weather held up, a little colder and i dont think we would have stayed the course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts