Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your take on these RDS's? I'm going to be in the market for a new sight and just want to know the pro's and cons of each.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Just logged on and saw this question...Aimpoint T1,M4,M4S,M68.You will be much better served by those than an EoTech. Losing zero, sensetivity to heat (ask any AK/Ultimak users) sucky battery life and dreaded disappearing reticle made me switch to Aimpoint. Oh by the way, chuck any factory mounts and go with Larue mount, pricey but bullet proof

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW! Didn't realize the EoTech's lost their reticle's. Whats your take on the comp3?

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
Other than shorter battery life I haven't noticed any of those other issues with my EOtechs. The Aimpoint is nice also but I prefer the larger viewing area of the EOtech.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I guess I should clarify the Eotech disappearing reticle comment ...sometimes the reticle just disappeared and came back on, poof like magic....Eotech said bad batteries (AA and DL123s). Tried both sights with every availiable battery I could lay my grubby hands on, same issue. Remember, two different Eos purchased from two different locations at different times etc etc. Called Eotech,and then sent back to Eotech , "repaired" got them back, had the same issue. Nothing worse than a dead reticle for no reason.I grew tired of sending them back  with no resoulution. Finally, I purchased an Aimpoint ML3, loved it! Purchased a T1 and H1 (when am I going to a submarine lockout insert on a hostile beach???) and have not turned off the T1/H1 ever since a year ago +...battery life is ridiculously looong. Aimpoint CompM3 go for it, you wont be unhappy with it.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did notice the FOV on the EoTech's was wider when i was looking at them in the store thursday. I'm still in a rut cause if i had the money I'd come home with both of them.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SURFER21 thanx I was looking at the compM3 and was impressed with it and the price was right. Going next thursday to get one so all the advice i can get really helps!

·
6,913 Posts
Strange issue with those, not happy they didn't make good on it. The new ones with the battery mounted sideways have a much longer life. Not Aimpoint long, but much longer. I also prefer the 1 MOA center dot of the EO vs. the 3 or 4 MOA in the Aimpoint. It's a preference issue. But then again i never had one fail on me, that would change my mind for sure.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate all the info guys. Now the hard part is deciding on which will it be. :-/

·
6,913 Posts
What are CompM3's going for these days? Without the mount.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have the Comp ML3 2moa ;)
Awesome! one 2moa dot in the center.

I do not like the "busy" reticle of the eotech.
Also, the Comp ML3 can last over 5 years of constant power on , on setting 7 8) I also have an extra battery store in my Larue cantelever mount.

BTW the Comp M3 is NV compatible. The Comp ML3 is not.

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
I have an eotech 517, works well for what I need. FOV tough to beat, very fast. No exp. with aimpoint so take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an eotech 516.  I like the 65 MOA circle with the 1 MOA dot.  For me, I feel that I can see it faster and can therefore aquire a target faster.  BTW, my brother in law who is a marine has let me know that they have recently switched out thier ACOGs for eotechs.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have a 512 and have not had any issues and the F.O.V.can't be beat .. I have not played with an Aimpoint so I cant compare ....

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have an Eotech 511, 552 and Aimpoint ML3.. very apples and oranges really. I like the wider field of view and reticle of the Eotech on my carbines and light rifles, but the ML3 I have on my M1A is tough to beat. There are MANY threads and websites that do a comparison.. try out both and see which one you like better.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh I will and when iI do get it I'll post the pics with the rifle.Thanks alot guys for all your help.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts