Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone know if the Eotech 517 will co witness with the stock troy sights that come on the Ruger SR 5.56 or should i buy the 512??.......also if anyone else has any suggestions on any other optics that would work well with this weapon platform... thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or possibly even a Trijicon Reflex sight?

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
IAMTHELAW said:
Does Anyone know if the Eotech 517 will co witness with the stock troy sights that come on the Ruger SR 5.56 or should i buy the 512??.......also if anyone else has any suggestions on any other optics that would work well with this weapon platform... thanks
eotech 517 co witnesses in the lower 1/3 of the window on my Ar, (stag upper), works very well. I would imagine the sr556 would be the same.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Why Co-Witness ? It makes the field of view too cluttered. Lower 1/3 for the irons is the way to go.

I still remember in 1989 when Bill Ruger wrote Congress to Ban Hi Cap mags.....

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
Colt 700 said:
Why Co-Witness ? It makes the field of view too cluttered. Lower 1/3 for the irons is the way to go.

I still remember in 1989 when Bill Ruger wrote Congress to Ban Hi Cap mags.....
I probably mis-typed, 517 is lower 1/3 but not co witness? Got my terminology bass-ackwards.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
barfly said:
I probably mis-typed, 517 is lower 1/3 but not co witness? Got my terminology bass-ackwards.
You are correct. They are mutually exclusive.

Now all you need is some quality Carbine training to go with your new blaster. ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yea There should be no problem.  Co witnessing them irons.  

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my concern is will the eotch be to high to see through with the stock troy folding sights that come with a weapon

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
The 517 is lower 1/3 co-witness with standard height Troy sights. Does the Ruger use different height flip sights? I wouldn't think so but I'm not positive. Not sure why it would.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You mentioned other reccomendations, you might be interested in the Aimpoint Comp ML 3.  (I like the 2 moa dot).   They are very good sights.  I have Eo Techs, Aimpoints, Trijicons and Leupolds, and for the non magnifieres, I personally like the aimpoints.  

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I have a Troy DOA BUIS co-witnessing with my EoTech 552 and it works well. I was mitchell field today with it and im loving it more and more everytime i shoot with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts